Contribute
Register

How can I change my system serial number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I read online that I need to have a serial number that Apple's server can recognize for iMessage to work.
I changed my network device BSD names to the proper names as the Guide To Install Yosemite On HP Probooks Using UEFI Clover said. I'm getting the support code to call in and give to Apple, but I want to make sure they can't see I'm fake. I don't know how to change the serial using Clover.

I read online that I need to have a serial number that Apple's server can recognize for iMessage to work.
I changed my network device BSD names to the proper names as the Guide To Install Yosemite On HP Probooks Using UEFI Clover said. I'm getting the support code to call in and give to Apple, but I want to make sure they can't see I'm fake. I don't know how to change the serial using Clover.

Edit /Extra/smbios.plist (using TextEdit or something like TextWrangler):
Code:
   <key>SMserial</key> 
   <string>xxxxxxxxxxxx</string>
Where 'xxxxxxxxxxxx' represents your current serial number. Replace that with the serial number you want to use.

Good Luck,
-bth

You just need real SN to Apple Support, it's not important and u don't need to inject to ur system at all. You can even use some reasons to passby sn.

Do we need a real sn to call Apple Support to fix Facetime and Imessage? I thought that it was not nessecary

Do we need a real sn to call Apple Support to fix Facetime and Imessage? I thought that it was not nessecary

Apple Support will ask your SN. What will you do?
1/ Find a real SN to make them believe.
2/ Find a reason why you can't get your SN now, and they will skip it.

Ok so for 1) what if they check the real sn and find out is not registered with your appleid ?

What would be a good excuse for not finding the sn ? I mean it won't make sense to say that you are not on your pc right now :)

Ok so for 1) what if they check the real sn and find out is not registered with your appleid ?

What would be a good excuse for not finding the sn ? I mean it won't make sense to say that you are not on your pc right now :)

SN is just for checking, it's not matter if you're not using ID on that SN (I assumed).

Just say you're going out and can't access your mac now.

SN is just for checking, it's not matter if you're not using ID on that SN (I assumed).

Just say you're going out and can't access your mac now.

More than likely they wont ask. They asked 1 out of the 2 times I called. 2nd, just tell them you are away from the computer. You only have the customer code.

Make sure you fix you SN, MLB, etc issues first. I really recommend you not use a cloned SN. Clover can generate a sn for you.

More than likely they wont ask. They asked 1 out of the 2 times I called. 2nd, just tell them you are away from the computer. You only have the customer code.

Make sure you fix you SN, MLB, etc issues first. I really recommend you not use a cloned SN. Clover can generate a sn for you.

This is where Im having issues as well... I had mavericks running with unibeast/multibeast. I redid my hard drive and installed a fresh OSx everytime I had a problem (maybe 15x's) each time logging on to the app store. My last couple of do overs, I found a guide to use chameleon wizard to generate ID's for me... I have since deleted that install, but I did capture the serial and UUID before I once again formatted my drive and installed Yosemite using clover. I have followed the directions, and everything is still the serial with "HACK" in the middle.

I have succesfully booted from the EFI drive, but when I generated the iMessage debug report, that "HACK' serial still exists. Im not sure what I need to change and what I need to save, and where I need to save it too? What is MLB, ROM? It was suggested to save those numbers but I don't know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back