Contribute
Register

How can I change my system serial number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where Im having issues as well... I had mavericks running with unibeast/multibeast. I redid my hard drive and installed a fresh OSx everytime I had a problem (maybe 15x's) each time logging on to the app store. My last couple of do overs, I found a guide to use chameleon wizard to generate ID's for me... I have since deleted that install, but I did capture the serial and UUID before I once again formatted my drive and installed Yosemite using clover. I have followed the directions, and everything is still the serial with "HACK" in the middle.

I have succesfully booted from the EFI drive, but when I generated the iMessage debug report, that "HACK' serial still exists. Im not sure what I need to change and what I need to save, and where I need to save it too? What is MLB, ROM? It was suggested to save those numbers but I don't know how.

Use clover configurator to get a SN without the HACK in there. Use the magic wand tool.

You should really follow this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Clover works wonders with imessage issues

Edit /Extra/smbios.plist (using TextEdit or something like TextWrangler):
Code:
   <key>SMserial</key>
   <string>xxxxxxxxxxxx</string>
Where 'xxxxxxxxxxxx' represents your current serial number. Replace that with the serial number you want to use.

Good Luck,
-bth

Hello,

sorry if I resuscitate this discussion after a few years, but I have the same problem with a macbook early 2015, high sierra, and cannot locate this file!
Can you help please? Thanks

Hello,

sorry if I resuscitate this discussion after a few years, but I have the same problem with a macbook early 2015, high sierra, and cannot locate this file!
Can you help please? Thanks

This MacBook is manufactured by Apple?

why do you want to change your serial number on a MacBook?
I have replaced my logic board, and the one I purchased had another serial number on it. I need to replace the new logic board's serial number with the old logic board's serial number

I have replaced my logic board, and the one I purchased had another serial number on it. I need to replace the new logic board's serial number with the old logic board's serial number
Apple techs do this with a program called blank board serializer.
You would need to take it to an authorised repair centre and have them do it for you.

Apple techs do this with a program called blank board serializer.
You would need to take it to an authorised repair centre and have them do it for you.
Blank Board serializer works only if the logic board has no serial number on it. Mine has one unfortunately

Blank Board serializer works only if the logic board has no serial number on it. Mine has one unfortunately
Then it probably can be done from within the Apple Service Toolkit app.
Again you would need to take it to an authorised repair centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back