Contribute
Register

How Big Does My SSD Need To Be? (And Fan!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Latitude E6330
CPU
Intel Core i5 @ 2.70GHz
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at SSD's for my build and am looking at doing the Hackinmouse Build (Off this site). However, I am unsure on what storage I need. I am looking to dual boot to Windows 10 on a Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard GA-H110M-A with an i3 Skylake 3.7GHz processor. How much storage will this require and is there a big difference between me using a HDD and SDD? Also, What are my best cooling options for using this build aswell as what Case?

Currently I'm Planning on using the processor fan and also will this Case Work (https://www.novatech.co.uk/products...=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products)

With The Following;
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard GA-H110M-A

EVGA 100-W1-0430-K3 430 W W1 Series Budget ATX PC Power Supply in Black

Intel Core i3 Skylake Dual Core @ 3.7GHz

Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4 RAM 288-Pin

Last edited:
120 GB is about the smallest you can go for an SSD boot drive. 250 GB is ideal. I would put in at least one case exhaust fan. More won't be needed for an I3 system for general usage. The Novatech case can handle your mATX board. Not sure if it has any mounts for 2.5 inch SSDs. If you want the fastest speed then go with SSD over HDD. If you need more storage than speed go with a 500 GB HDD.

Excellent Thank You. Is it hard to fix the motherboard to cases like that with access to the motherboards ports or not? And also will the ports on the System be Wireable up to the Gigabyte H110M-S2H motherboard? Is that a good choice of motherboard or is it not recommended?

Will I need another fan if I get a HDD or will my CPU Fan be fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back