Contribute
Register

How about this mothermoard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused. Do I need a Mac to make a Lion Bootable USB drive. I read on this blog and I was no wiser.

UniBeast: Install Mac OS X Lion Using an All-In-One
Bootable USB Drive

I have a friend who has a Mac Pro. Do I have to ask him for help?

I have OSX SL and I can buy and download OSX Lion.

Grateful if someone could explain this in detail for me. I have always used Windows (now Win7) but is quite new to the Mac. I have a Mac G5, can I use it to make a Lion Bootable USB Drive?

I'm a little confused. Do I need a Mac to make a Lion Bootable USB drive. I read on this blog and I was no wiser.

UniBeast: Install Mac OS X Lion Using an All-In-One
Bootable USB Drive

I have a friend who has a Mac Pro. Do I have to ask him for help?

I have OSX SL and I can buy and download OSX Lion.

Grateful if someone could explain this in detail for me. I have always used Windows (now Win7) but is quite new to the Mac. I have a Mac G5, can I use it to make a Lion Bootable USB Drive?

Sorry I must have done something wrong. Can I remove duplicates?

I'm not sure if you can make a lion bootable usb stick using windows, have never done it.

The way i did it was using a mac (can be on SL or on the same Lion).

you need a mac. I can help you make one

Thank you.
I will go to my friend, he has a Mac PRO and SL. I shall print out the guide.

290416 said:
Thank you.
I will go to my friend, he has a Mac PRO and SL. I shall print out the guide.

Unibest and lion retail downloaded from app store is all you need

Unibest and lion retail downloaded from app store is all you need[/quote]

I have watched Apple's website and what I can understand must I have OS Snow Leopard installed, then installed SL automatically. I can also buy Lion on a memory stick, but it was considerably more expensive.
I think I will start by installing the SL first and see if I can manage it. There was a good guide that I think I can follow.
Is it better to run the OS Lion than SL on my motherboard (ASRock Extreme7)?
Thank you for your help.

Haven't tried on SL, i installed Lion from the get go without having an SL install, i made my lion usb installer using a second mac.

Walgus said:
Haven't tried on SL, i installed Lion from the get go without having an SL install, i made my lion usb installer using a second mac.

I found a very good guide here. There is also a guide on how to install Lion. Very detailed.

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=26359

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back