Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All

I am new here, this is my first try.

This is what I have come up with for parts. Have anyone used this mb?

ASRock X68 EXTREME7 GEN3 and an Intel Core i5-2500 or Intel Core i7 2600.
I don´t need a graphic card.

Here almost everyone use e Gigabyte mb. Why?

Thank you for any help. I hope I have not posted this in the wrong place

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I am pretty sure that the main reason is power management issues with other boards. The power management on gigabyte boards works without much trouble. If I remember correctly the power management features on some Asus boards in particular have some issues with OSX and can cause sleep problems. It is not impossible to get working, it is just more difficult than gigabyte boards.

I don't know about that specific board though

Both Gigabyte's BIOS and maybe power management makes them the ideal choice for Hackintoshes, but doesn't the OP mention an ASRock mobo, not ASUS?

I know OP mentioned ASROCK. He also asked why gigabyte is the most popular. I was just explaining why Gigabyte is preferred and using ASUS boards as an example.

Finboss said:
I know OP mentioned ASROCK. He also asked why gigabyte is the most popular. I was just explaining why Gigabyte is preferred and using ASUS boards as an example.

Thank you for your answers.

I hope someone has experience of ASROCK. This mobo is new and it has "everything" including Gen3. I don´t know if Gigabyte has an analogous mobo. I will perhaps by a Gigabyte if that is a better mobo for this use.

290416 said:

I hope someone has experience of ASROCK. This mobo is new and it has "everything" including Gen3. I don´t know if Gigabyte has an analogous mobo. I will perhaps by a Gigabyte if that is a better mobo for this use.

The Z68 Gigabyte motherboards such as GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, GA-Z68XP-UD3 and GA-Z68XP-UD3R all have PCIe 3. But you need the future Ivy Bridge CPUs to make use of PCIe 3 anyway.

Jamesbond007 said:
290416 said:

The Z68 Gigabyte motherboards such as GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, GA-Z68XP-UD3 and GA-Z68XP-UD3R all have PCIe 3. But you need the future Ivy Bridge CPUs to make use of PCIe 3 anyway.

Hello. I've been looking at Gigabyte's website, but what I can see it has not any mobo that can handle PCIe3. What have I missed?

290416 said:
Hello. I've been looking at Gigabyte's website, but what I can see it has not any mobo that can handle PCIe3. What have I missed?

If you check the motherboards I have listed on Gigabyte website ( For example for the GA-Z68XP-UD3 see : http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3978#ov ) then you will see a "PCIe Gen 3" picture like this :
2337.jpg
beside the motherboard's picture.

The new version 1.3 of these motherboards all support PCIe Gen 3.

Jamesbond007 said:
290416 said:

If you check the motherboards I have listed on Gigabyte website ( For example for the GA-Z68XP-UD3 see : http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3978#ov ) then you will see a "PCIe Gen 3" picture like this :
2337.jpg

I have rev 1.0. :(

gyroknight said:
Jamesbond007 said:
290416 said:

2337.jpg

I have rev 1.0. :(

Hi
Thanks for the reply. I have received this message from Gigabyte.
Hi Sigurd,

There are two kinds of PCI Express 3.0 support. It is "true" and "Partly."

The GA-Z68XP-UD3P rev 1.3 Support true PCI Express 3.0. Witch Means You Can use a PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card into any X16 slot.

http://www.gigabyte.eu/products/product ... x?pid=3979 # ov

All other GIGABYTE Z68 series motherboards Also Supports Partly PCI Express 3.0, witch means support one PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card Installed into the first PCI Express x16 slot.

Best regards
GIGABYTE-Team Scandinavia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back