Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4970K
Graphics
GTX 760 (x2)
Hi all,

I am running 10.13.5 but this issue has occurred ever since I've used my hackintosh when I started way back.

I never really got to the bottom of it so I thought I would see if anyone can shed some light on this issue.

The problem is that whenever I boot up my hackintosh or I wake it from sleep, I get a message saying that the hostname is already in use on the network so it has been changed. Eventually this just goes up and up and up in number (see screenshot).

I do not have wake on LAN enabled in the bios or via system preferences.

I have also set a static hostname via my router to the mac address of my hackintosh (ethernet) and this still did not solve the issue either.

Does anyone have an idea of what a possible solution could be?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 12.32.01 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 12.32.01 pm.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 68
"the hostname is already in use on the network"

Do you have another device on the network with the same hostname? Ping the hostname

"the hostname is already in use on the network"

Do you have another device on the network with the same hostname? Ping the hostname

When the hostname changes (eg. from main.local to main(1).local) and then I ping main.local, it replies with the IP address of the WIFI card on the same machine.

So basically what seems to be happening is ethernet and wifi seem to be battling each other in some way on the same machine for the hostname, causing constant changes. Ethernet is main.local, then wifi wants to use main.local but cant so it changes again. Back and forth.

Why might this be happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back