CPU
Intell Core i5 4690
Graphics
MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone having horrible performance with this card with 10.7.4?

I installed the card using Chimera, and when playing World of Warcraft or Diablo 3, I won't even get close to the performance I had back on 10.7.1. It's even so unplayable, I installed Windows on a second HD in order to play some games :(

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

sounds like unconfigured AGPM Info.plist. look at some guides to tweak it for your card system or to avoid all that and get it working at full speed, change your machine type to MacPro3,1 instead in smbios.plist.

I did that, switched my machine to a macpro5.1, removed the appletymc driver (to avoid kernel panics at boot) and editted a agpm file. Rebooted, console shows switches from 3 to 0 at boot and switches between 1 and 2 further on.

Still, graphic performance just isn't what it should be for this card.

I noticed my power management never switches to the performance state, which from what I remember is state 2. I don't have a lot of experience in editing that info.plist file in the agpm kext, anyone can help on this?

Thanks in advance!

like i said try MacPro3,1 since it won't even use AGPM. that way you can know just how fast your card can operate.

run geekbench and check to make sure it's not your CPU that's stuck at 1600Mhz from the 10.7.4 PM changes.

Cinebench sucks for benchmarking modern cards.

It's a 2+ year old program that doesn't support modern GPU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back