Contribute
Register

Hopelessly Lost Noob - GA-H97-D3H i4790k integrated graphics build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
CPU
i4790k
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A friend offered to help me build a Hacktintosh for music production. I'm an audio engineer and musician and use Pro Tools daily, so having a functional version of PT is my main goal. I used PT9 on a 10.6.8 Mac Book Pro until she unfortunately died. So my initial plan was to build a Hackintosh around that hard drive, and install Windows 7 on a second drive to have both at my disposal.

My trusted friend recommended I go with the build that I have, without bothering to check for true compatibility first. I've since educated myself enough to understand that $750 on a Haswell 9 series rig isn't going to run 10.6.8, or 10.8, or possibly even 10.9. My question is, how do I make this pile of computer parts work with any version of OS X without having a second Mac?

I don't have another Mac to work with. I'm typing this on an iPhone, feeling particularly screwed. Please help?

Thanks Going Bald! Perusing now, I got Yosemite to install, but I'm getting the usual boot0. Found the guide for that, will update if I get it resolved tonight.

Nothing is working so far. I'm in pretty far over my head though. I could be screwing up something simple and not even know it. Trying a fresh install from Unibeast now, then should I follow that other gentleman a multibeast install spec for spec? I'm assuming the fact that I don't have a network card changes that setting (speaking of which, which option do I choose for a i217 chipset?) and my audio coded is supposed to be alc1150, according to gigabyte's website. Help?

image.jpg
This is post boot0 error guide terminal code execution. Anyone have a clue where to go with this? I'm taking stabs in the dark.

image.jpg tried again, more of this… I'll keep posting what happens.

View attachment 118264 tried again, more of this… I'll keep posting what happens.

This is because you used a MacPro5,1 system definition but failed to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

A real MacPro5,1 has ECC memory which uses the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and as your build does not, the kext causes a kernel panic.

Boot with -x and change your system definition back to MacPro3,1 or navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

I haven't tried Clover yet. I need a working computer yesterday, so I installed Windows 7 to I have something I can work with. Pro Tools and everything installed so nicely… I'll come back to installing OS X when there's better support for the new hardware. I don't know enough or have the time to deal with it otherwise. Thanks for your help guys. I'll check back regularly for any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back