Contribute
Register

Home stretch ! i7 6700k , gtx 750 ti , z170n wifi fully operational except Wifi/ BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N wifi
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
750 ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
So after I messed up my config. file I just now acouple days later have my hack pro running again and even have my ram recognized ( even though I had to manually edit that in clover )

[ Here's my about this mac screen shot ](http://i.imgur.com/GowIt75.png?1)

So far as far as I can tell, everything works fine sleep , shut down , restart , graphics card recognized after uncheck nvidia inject ram recognized after inputing the info in the clover setup.

I went to install my wifi card that came in the mail [I ordered the AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card) because I saw it mentioned a few times although without the AzureWave I figured its got Broadcom and the part number so it must be the right part. But I went to install it and it was noticeably bigger and as you can tell from my screen shot it was getting late ( or early how ever you want to look at it )

So I want to say I've learned thru this whole process so far to backup the system every time I do something and it doesn't completely corrupt the OS LOL ( can anyone confirm backing up on time machine will work? ) I also save config files by copying the whole EFI folder everytime I do something that doesnt fail the system completely as well.

Sorry I'm just rambling on here.
So Just a quick rehash
1. Audio doesn't work but I do have sound bar which is a first ( [I've gone thru this thread and many others already but willing to take another look ](https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-easy-guide-no-dsdt-edit-works-for-me.176737/) )
2.Wifi/ BT ? What card is PNP for my MOBO ?( gigabyte z170 n wifi )
3. What are sure fire ways to save configs am I doing it right?(time machine saved to usb + EFI folder copy on seperate usb )

bump still at a stand still with wifi / bt i bought a wifi dongle and it doesn't seem to work either belkin n300

Have the same Motherboard, what wifi/bluetooth chip did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back