Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97N-Wifi
CPU
Core i5 4590
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1060 / Intel 4600HD
I have Mac on my SSD and a 3 TB hard drive for storage for Windows. Am I able to move my "home" folder to the 3 TB NTFS drive, and how do I go about it? MOST importantly I don't want to partition the HDD--i know you can move the home folder to another hard drive but is there a way I can move it to a NTFS formatted hard drive (I'm thinking it will use NTFS-3G) ?

I have Mac on my SSD and a 3 TB hard drive for storage for Windows. Am I able to move my "home" folder to the 3 TB NTFS drive, and how do I go about it? MOST importantly I don't want to partition the HDD--i know you can move the home folder to another hard drive but is there a way I can move it to a NTFS formatted hard drive (I'm thinking it will use NTFS-3G) ?

Not a good idea - NTFS-3G is known to corrupt files on NTFS drives from the OS X side.

ok, what do you propose I do then?

And what can I do to use NTFS on Mac at least for my other files to read them sometimes?

ok, what do you propose I do then?

And what can I do to use NTFS on Mac at least for my other files to read them sometimes?

Why do you want to use NTFS? Do you have a Windows install dual booting with OS X?
Why not format your platter drive GUID format, 1 1TB partition for HFS+ OS X files and 2TB NTFS for Windows files? Or maybe shrink the partitions enough for a 500GB MSDOS FAT/FAT32 partition between them for file sharing?

This would allow you to move /Home to the platter drive, you could still read your file on the NTFS partition if that is where you stored it, even if you cannot write to it.
You could also add the BootCamp drivers to Windows to allow you to read the OS X files from Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back