Contribute
Register

Hiwa's Build: Z87 Maximus VI EXTREME - i7-4770K@4500MHz -GTX680 -BitFenix Ronin, 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a few problems with my own build that you may be able to help me with. I can install Mavericks no problem and didn't need to use any flags to boot up. I used MultiBeast and everything works (except for iMessage, which I've searched the forums and tried everything to no avail) but I cannot seem to get the system to boot without the UniBeast USB, which is the same problem didii seems to be having.

Here is my system:
Maximus VI Hero Motherboard that I used PMPatch to get a patched bios, which I used the ASUS bios flashback button on the board to install
4770k CPU
Samsung EVO SSD (system drive)
Seagate HDD (media drive)
Galaxy GTX 780
LG Blu Ray (Works, but still working on Blu Ray playback in OS X)
A couple of odds and ends like bluetooth and cpu cooler

I have partitioned the SSD to dual boot both Windows 8.1 and OS X Mavericks and no matter what I do I can't get the system to boot without the UniBeast USB drive and cannot get iMessage to work. Oddly enough iCloud works just fine and I can't use FaceTime because I don't have a camera. I've even tried disconnecting the SSD and installing just Mavericks on the HDD after formatting and got the same results, which probably means I've overlooked something fundamental, but can't figure out what it is. I would really appreciate any help you can give me to get my system running.

I don't know if I should've started a new topic, but like I said, I'm sure that I've missed something obvious and didn't want to clutter the forum with another novice build question thread.

Hi Hiwa, did you do any changes in the boot section in the BIOS? I successfully installed Mavericks on my Maximus Impact, but apparently it won't load the bootloader without the unibeast stick (yes i installed chimera on my mavericks drive). Whenever i tried to boot from my mavericks SSD, it keeps sending me back to BIOS. Thanks man :)

hey i didn't update to 10.9 on this board yet
try to change sata, use first close to pciex slot for hdd

for booting with unibeast i check on my boards tonight and let you guys know.

Hi guys, looks like the problem is because asus 8 series boards do not support legacy GPT (saw this on toldea's post somewhere in the forum). The reason unibeast USB works is because the partition scheme is MBR. What we can do is to setup clover as the bootloader, or use chimera via unibeast USB. looks like im gonna need to start a new thread about setting up clover :p

Thanks Hiwa.

Hi guys. I'm a little new to the forum. I ordered a VI Formula and an EVGA 780 a while back and it's all just come in. I was wondering what all doen't work. Can you please let me know?

nothing really works great in first post you can find some infos, best way is changing the board to gigabyte if you want perfect hackintosh.

Ah nuts. Look's like I'm going to have to use Windows and Linux until we figure it out. :beachball:

The formula should have similar hardware to my hero and I literally today got it to dual boot Windows 8.1 and Mavericks without USB, 100% working today. I used one drive for both, but had to use Clover EFI to do it. You'll want to go that route. UEFI is screaming fast. I may be posting a guide to do so because it was very involved and I'm sure someone will want to know how without spending weeks figuring everything out.

The formula should have similar hardware to my hero and I literally today got it to dual boot Windows 8.1 and Mavericks without USB, 100% working today. I used one drive for both, but had to use Clover EFI to do it. You'll want to go that route. UEFI is screaming fast. I may be posting a guide to do so because it was very involved and I'm sure someone will want to know how without spending weeks figuring everything out.

Thanks a lot! It'd be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Just concurring with the last poster, I'm struggling bad with my Hack, same motherboard and CPU as Hiwa's build, and a guide would be invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back