Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,
My setup is as follows:

MSI B250I Gaming Pro ITX
Pentium G4560
Nvidia GT 1030

I followed this guide here and the kexts I am using are all mentioned there:
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...ro-itx-pentium-g4600-powerful-budget-desktop/

But I'm a point where I don't know what to do. I used the latest Unibeast and a High Sierra image from Monday, just before the latest update.
I boot from the USB, I proceed with the installation and then when it gets to a point where I need to boot from the local disk to continue the installation, the installer never shows up. Instead, I get the Apple logo with a progress bar at the bottom, which slowly gets to 100% and then just stays there. The same thing happens on safe mode.

I also can't get into recovery (bar hangs at around 75%)
This happens both on APFS and HFS+.

I have tried using the integrated graphics and in that case the loading bar stops at the beginning.

Attached is a picture of the problem. Any clues?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20180711_000121.jpg
    IMG_20180711_000121.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 63
You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

Serial.png

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Pentium processors are unsupported but may work with a FakeCPUID - Use Search for details.

You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

View attachment 340505

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Pentium processors are unsupported but may work with a FakeCPUID
Use Search for details.
Sorry about that and thanks for your reply. Already updated my profile.

I will give it a try later today with SuperIO disabled but I have a vague idea of already having tried that.
I am using a FakeCPUID 0x0306A0 - I have no idea why that "Unsupported CPU" message is showing up but from what I've read, it doesn't actually affect anything.

Last edited:
Just as a small update, that did not work either. I tried everything, the only explanation I can find is that the motherboard is not compatible somehow. I have not seen anyone with the same motherboard with a workable hackintosh from what I've searched on google. The closest is the guy who made the guide in my first post, but despite the similarities it is a different board.

I also wasn't able to find anyone with the same errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back