Contribute
Register

Hissing sound from USB Audio Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am trying to find a solution for the hissing annoying sound appearing in both inputs/outputs of my audio interface. I have used two audio interfaces (Tascam 4x4 and NI Complete 6) and two pairs of monitors (Genelec 8010 and KRK Rokit 6) and they all receive this particular noise. First, I thought it might be some grounding issue, but after applying all necessary action to avoid the hissing was still constant and I could hear in it the sounds of the computer's internal action (apps loading, browsing in finder, even mouse roll). Then I have come to idea that it might be a bad USB slot so I bought an extra PCI USB 2.0. USB slot, however the problem still remained.
I have uploaded the hissing sound here on souncloud

https://soundcloud.com/user-712417860/hissing-audio

Do you have any idea from where its this noise coming from or similar experience to help me fix this problem?

Thank you in advance!

here are some of my basic specs:
CoreAudio
OS X Yosemite
3,39 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1024 MB

I had a similar issue with my SoundBlaster Omni 5.1. The Omni offers either optical or 5.1 separate channel. I prefer the latter but optical was the only one that would work with the connected receiver without hissing. Eventually decided to wipe and start clean after numerous upgrades. With the latest drivers installed, no more hissing on 5.1.

Could you fix the issue?

I have the same issue on Sierra with my onboard/front audio and my firewire 400 interface has similar problems.

The onvoard audio of my Asus Maximus IX is hissing like hell.

The hiss is constantly loud and independent of the volume buttons.

The front audio on my PC casing emitts UFO-like chaotic sound only.

My firewire interface, Metric Halo Mobile I/O, Fw 400 is having the same loud noise on the right speaker and the left speaker is cobsiderably lower in volume.

Any help/solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back