i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone!
I have an issue for the His Radeaon RX 580. Every thing it working but fan not spinning. When i'm using the VGTab_en app for create the kext for card but fans still not work. Everyone can help me resolved it

This my config.plist and EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 107
  • config.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 136
Hello everyone!
I have an issue for the His Radeaon RX 580. Every thing it working but fan not spinning. When i'm using the VGTab_en app for create the kext for card but fans still not work. Everyone can help me resolved it
View attachment 394793

Hello.

Do you dual-boot into Windows at all ?

The reason for the question is because if you run the Windows AMD utility for RX series GPUs you can set the temperature curve and thresholds. It is as easy as dragging a 'node' up or down on the scale. It should be on your driver disk, if you got one.

By default most AMD RX cards I've come across set the start temperature for the fans at around 60-degrees-C. So if the card doesn't reach this, the fans do not come on. Great for a quiet build.

Being cautious I set my start-up temperature to 40-degrees-C, but I am no gamer.

Back on macOS I am not certain if these new settings hold. Perhaps your card is waiting until it gets to 60-c ?

The fans also "pulse'. Some manufacturers call this "3D" but I think that is just confusing...

:)

Hello everyone!
View attachment 394793

The EFi folder Kexts/Other had way too many kexts and a drivers64EFI driver. config.plist MacBook definition etc...
Try the EFi attached and a way to test those fans in macOS is to use Luxmark Ball, or Uningine Valley ExtremeHd version. If you run these and the fans don't spin by halfway through then you have problem.
VGATab is only for Vega card and variations of Vega, not Polaris cards.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 110
Hello.

Do you dual-boot into Windows at all ?

The reason for the question is because if you run the Windows AMD utility for RX series GPUs you can set the temperature curve and thresholds. It is as easy as dragging a 'node' up or down on the scale. It should be on your driver disk, if you got one.

By default most AMD RX cards I've come across set the start temperature for the fans at around 60-degrees-C. So if the card doesn't reach this, the fans do not come on. Great for a quiet build.

Being cautious I set my start-up temperature to 40-degrees-C, but I am no gamer.

Back on macOS I am not certain if these new settings hold. Perhaps your card is waiting until it gets to 60-c ?

The fans also "pulse'. Some manufacturers call this "3D" but I think that is just confusing...

:)
That exactly. I'm dual boot with Windows. On the windows i'm setting for Card always spinning is ok. But on this mac the card spinning until temperature to 55-degrees-C :D. I think it a default by card.

The EFi folder Kexts/Other had way too many kexts and a drivers64EFI driver. config.plist MacBook definition etc...
Try the EFi attached and a way to test those fans in macOS is to use Luxmark Ball, or Uningine Valley ExtremeHd version. If you run these and the fans don't spin by halfway through then you have problem.
VGATab is only for Vega card and variations of Vega, not Polaris cards.
Thank for your reply. Before time i'm using the config by Macbook definition because only this config work with UHD 631.
I don't known what the module of my Card?.

Hi PacifiOcean,

Did you get your HIS to work in Catalina 10.15.2? My crash/kernel panic during the boot/install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back