Contribute
Register

HighSierra on APFS + Can't mount EFI partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS B85M-G
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Dear members,

I Installed HS with APFS (new Installation) on Samsung 850 EVO and got installed fine using Clover 4220 (UEFI). I now want to add few Kexts (like AppleALC, XHCI-200-series, USBInjectAll) for which I need to mount the EFI partition but am unable to mount it. Please refer the attached screenshot from diskutil.

Hackintosh Config.:
i5 4460 / 24 GB RAM
Samsung EVO 850 - 120 GB
nVidia GT610

Please let me know if you need any other info. to help me. Moreover, I have to start macOS HS using -x flag every time, If I don't do, I get small circling wheel like spokes of the wheel and can never get in.

Thank you for your responses :)

Attachments

• HS-EFI Not mounting.png
    HS-EFI Not mounting.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,316
  • HS-Volume.png
    HS-Volume.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,125
same problem :crazy: i can't install any .pkg files.

What is you csractive config ?
Boot with -V argument and post a picture of the problem.
The safe mode (-x) prevents you to mount your EFI partition, you need to find a way to boot without -X
Once done, in terminal : diskutil mountdisk /dev/disk0s1

Last edited:
What is you csractive config ?
Boot with -V argument and post a picture of the problem.
The safe mode (-x) prevents you to mount your EFI partition, you need to find a way to boot without -X
Once done, in terminal : diskutil mountdisk /dev/disk0s1

Below is the csr status. Is this what you've asked for ? Else plz let me know where and how to check it ?
================
Last login: Fri Oct 6 22:45:35 on console

Nidhus-iMac:~ nidhusanjeev$ csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).
Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: disabled
DTrace Restrictions: disabled
NVRAM Protections: disabled
BaseSystem Verification: disabled
This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.
====================
Attached are the screens from the verbose mode. Also the high Sierra mackintosh also gets hanged suddenly and I have to manually power it off and restart. Plz help with this as well.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 591
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 555
Did this get resolved?

I have the same problem. Installing a new clean High Sierra install onto a new Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD. Followed the instructions to the letter, but cannot mount the EFI using Clover, EFIMounter or DiskUtil? Therfore, whilst system can boot from USB installer, cannot use Multibeast or any other method to update config.plist or kexts?

Type diskutil list under terminal and check the layout of your drive. With APFS partition one layout is purely physical while another one will be synthetical. You have to open the EFI partition of the physical drive layout. If you take a quick look inside disk utilities, you will see the synthetical partition layout, which might mistake you. That happened to me earlier so i thought i would post it.

Did this get resolved?

I have the same problem. Installing a new clean High Sierra install onto a new Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD. Followed the instructions to the letter, but cannot mount the EFI using Clover, EFIMounter or DiskUtil? Therfore, whilst system can boot from USB installer, cannot use Multibeast or any other method to update config.plist or kexts?

I had the same issue and managed to fix it by not booting using safe mode then using Clover Configurator to mount EFI

I was having the same issue on my fresh install of High Sierra, but realised I had forgotten to do the post-installation Multibeast process. That fixed it.

I was having the same issue on my fresh install of High Sierra, but realised I had forgotten to do the post-installation Multibeast process. That fixed it.

Thank you for this.....
I realized I forgot to do the last step as well, the excitement was kicking in and it slipped my mind.
Make sure to run MultiBeast at the end of your setup to create that EFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back