Graphics
ati HD5970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just after boot CPU's temperature hangs around 50c, but with time, even when idle, it can reach up to 80c.
I'v tried every fan behaviour (now running readings only), and my Windows' idle temp is about 50c.
I thought readings might be wrong, but GPU's and HHD's temps are same as in Windows.
I have fully working 10.8.4 installed via latest Unibeast and Probook Installer.
Help greatly appreciated.

Just after boot CPU's temperature hangs around 50c, but with time, even when idle, it can reach up to 80c.
I'v tried every fan behaviour (now running readings only), and my Windows' idle temp is about 50c.
I thought readings might be wrong, but GPU's and HHD's temps are same as in Windows.
I have fully working 10.8.4 installed via latest Unibeast and Probook Installer.
Help greatly appreciated.

Is a background process using your CPU? Check in Activity Monitor for CPU usage. When the CPU is being used, higher temperatures are normal (although 80C is getting up there).

What is the reported fan speed when at 80C? If it is relatively high (as it should be...), maybe you have a hardware problem... issue with heatsink interface to CPU or heatsink itself.

No process takes more than 1% of cpu and 33mp of ram. All hardware is new, fan speed at 80c was around 4k, heatsink keeps temperature similar to both CPU cores.

No process takes more than 1% of cpu and 33mp of ram. All hardware is new, fan speed at 80c was around 4k, heatsink keeps temperature similar to both CPU cores.

Unless the ambient temperature is crazy warm, I think you have a heatsink problem.

Ambient is about 15c lower then the cpu. What makes you think its a heatsink? Also there is another symptom: battery looses 1% of charge every minute, witch is kinda fast.

Ambient is at about 10-15c less than cpu. Also battery is loosing 1% of charge every minute, with makes me think it might be a DSDT problem. I'v installed all patches via Probook Installer, should I try to re-do it with MAciALS?

Not sure if this matters, but is your power management working correctly?

No sure how to check if its working correctly, but I'v applied SSDT form Multibeast for my cpu.
It fixed remaining time displayed under battery, but that's it.

Yes, I'm booting from my only hdd using chameleon (DropSSDT=No).
Output from test when using SSDT from Multibeast:
output2.png
Output from test when using SSDT from this thread:
output.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back