Contribute
Register

High Sierra with NVidia Maxwell GPU + Nvidia Drivers = Cannot restart or halt computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, Rampage

Yes, it is clear, he has sent me his ioreg file, the fact is that my computer works perfectly with the Titan XP (Pascal) this afternoon I have been at my friend's house with my Pascal card, his computer with my card works perfectly, but changing the Maxwell ... Maybe it's something from the motherboard, I've seen that you have a Designare, I do not think that's the problem, but I can not find another. I talked to him and tomorrow he will buy a 1050ti and when he can he will buy the Titan Pascal, it is a pity because the Maxwell works very well but with those two problems ...
Thanks for your effort, regards.

What is weird is that in the ioreg I see, the NVidia GPU displayed in there doesn't match my Titan X Maxwell device ID... And this is specifically this device ID I need to create the aml file and make it work for your config. So if you swap GPUs you need to rebuild the .aml file according to the new info displayed in your ioreg.

Good luck!

The mismatch may be because I updated the last Rom of the Titan X Maxwell. Anyway, my friend had the intention to buy an XP but now he does not have all the money to buy it, next month he will charge and spend the money to be completely happy, thanks again, I keep inviting a beer if you come for Valencia, greetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back