Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel C226-C2 lenova thinkserver ts140
CPU
i3 4130 3.4 ghz
Graphics
Hd graphics 4400. 1 vga, 2 dvi.
Hello, got a quick question. I just got done successfully building a hackintosh with yosimite on a lenova thinkserver ts140 with 8 gigs of ram, i3 4th gen processor. And integrated 4400hd processor. Now I want to try and build the same machine with high Sierra. Would this be possible with 4th gen i3 and integrated graphics? I'm not too sure if the machine is too old or not. I read a tutorial but they really didn't say if the 4400hd would run it or not. I do plan on getting a graphics card in a few weeks but I want to go ahead and build it now. Would appreciate any help, thanks.

Hello, got a quick question. I just got done successfully building a hackintosh with yosemite on a lenova thinkserver ts140 with 8 gigs of ram, i3 4th gen processor. And integrated 4400hd processor. Now I want to try and build the same machine with high Sierra. Would this be possible with 4th gen i3 and integrated graphics? I'm not too sure if the machine is too old or not. I read a tutorial but they really didn't say if the 4400hd would run it or not. I do plan on getting a graphics card in a few weeks but I want to go ahead and build it now. Would appreciate any help, thanks.
I would think so. If you can make Yosemite run with graphics acceleration on your machine, then High Sierra should also work. Although I am not really certain if the HD 4400 CPU integrated graphics is supported in MacOS. HD 4600 CPU integrated graphics in the 4th generation i5 and i7 CPUs are known to be supported.

I would think so. If you can make Yosemite run with graphics acceleration on your machine, then High Sierra should also work. Although I am not really certain if the HD 4400 CPU integrated graphics is supported in MacOS. HD 4600 CPU integrated graphics in the 4th generation i5 and i7 CPUs are known to be supported.
I just got catalina running on it. Tomorrow I will try big sur

You need to use SMBIOS iMac 15,1 to run Big Sur on a Haswell System. the iMac 14.2 SMBIOS is not supported, just the Haswell Refresh SMBIOS's.

The HD4600 IGPU from your i5-4400 CPU is supported in Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back