Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
CPU
i5 7600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Hackintoshers!! New to the forums, so forgive me if this isn’t the right sub to post in, but I’m running into some issues with my new dual boot:

I just installed MacOS on a new hard drive in my existing PC with Win10 on it. However, after installing drivers on the Mac side of things, my PC boots to a blinking underscore on a black screen. Just to test things out, I switched the boot priority back to Windows first, and it booted just fine, apart from a time zone issue. How do I get clover to successfully boot windows and macOS without having to manually switch boot priority in BIOS every time?

@SMerr18, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

@SMerr18 , did you install Clover bootloader after installing Mac OS and drivers? Clover is required to boot Mac OS.
If you installed Win10 first, is the EFI partition the first partition on the drive?
Did you read the dual boot guides at the beginning of this forum before starting your installations?

@SMerr18 , did you install Clover bootloader after installing Mac OS and drivers? Clover is required to boot Mac OS.
If you installed Win10 first, is the EFI partition the first partition on the drive?
Did you read the dual boot guides at the beginning of this forum before starting your installations?
Yes, Clover bootloader is installed, as that’s what’s causing the blank screen & blinking underscore. As far as I know, the Win10 partition is the first on its drive, as it was the first thing installed on the drive when I bought it new 2 years ago. I’ll go back and reread the multi-boot guides to see if there’s something I messed up, but it seems to me like a clover issue.

Yes, Clover bootloader is installed, as that’s what’s causing the blank screen & blinking underscore. As far as I know, the Win10 partition is the first on its drive, as it was the first thing installed on the drive when I bought it new 2 years ago. I’ll go back and reread the multi-boot guides to see if there’s something I messed up, but it seems to me like a clover issue.
launch the drive management tool in Win10 and examine the drive structure. You may find that the EFI partition is not the first on the drive - it is probably WinRe Tools. This is a known problem for dual booting as the boot loader wants the EFI partition to be first. Can you boot to Mac OS using the installer USB and mount the EFI partition?

Can you boot to Mac OS using the installer USB and mount the EFI partition?
Will have to try when I’m home from work. What’s the next step from there?

Will have to try when I’m home from work. What’s the next step from there?
Check to make sure EFI partition has Clover files in it.

Check to make sure EFI partition has Clover files in it.
Oh, okay. Yeah, the Mac portion of the computer works fine, with EFI mounted, Clover shows up in the right folder, etc. I was doing all that stuff last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back