Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo M83 SFF
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
HD4600
I am trying my 1st Hackintosh build on my i7 3770 Elite 8300. I used the guide to prepare everything. When I boot from the USB installer after erasing the target hard drive and starting the install I get the first window saying 2 minutes remaining then the screen goes black and the PC reboots and eventually comes up with a window saying macOS could not be installed on your computer, an error occurred while loading the installer resources.

I tried this several times and it fails at the same point. Just out of interest I tired installing regular Sierra and that works but High Sierra will not. The only thing different between the install images is that I was able to download the entire Sierra image in one go on my 2011 iMac where as with the High Sierra I could only download the 24MB installer and then had to follow the guide to build a full size installer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Why not just install Sierra first and then update to High Sierra via the App Store ?

Complete the whole Sierra install and post install first inluding the iMessage guide to
generate a unique valid serial. Once that is done you can upgrade Clover with the
Multibeast for HS app. Just select Clover for UEFI booting and that's it. Then it
should be a breeze to upgrade to High Sierra from Sierra.

The reason your 2011 iMac only gets the 24mb stub installer is because it needs
a firmware update before HS can be installed on it. When it reboots after initiating
the HS install it does just that and then downloads the rest of HS.

Why not just install Sierra first and then update to High Sierra via the App Store ?

Complete the whole Sierra install and post install first inluding the iMessage guide to
generate a unique valid serial. Once that is done you can upgrade Clover with the
Multibeast for HS app. Just select Clover for UEFI booting and that's it. Then it
should be a breeze to upgrade to High Sierra from Sierra.

The reason your 2011 iMac only gets the 24mb stub installer is because it needs
a firmware update before HS can be installed on it. When it reboots after initiating
the HS install it does just that and then downloads the rest of HS.

Thanks,

I had thought about trying that. I guess I just wanted to do a clean install of High Sierra from the get go plus understand a little what caused this.

1st of all please state your machine spec as rules and regulation requirement.
2nd I did have this problem last night when installing high Sierra and some how overcome this problem by erase disk with GUID partition in disk utility ( meaning clean install and not side by side with other OS) . then the installation goes fine.

I did start out with a clean 1TB HDD that I erased in disk utility when I first booted from the USB installer, next I selected "Install High Sierra" There was nothing else on that HDD. I also removed all other devices so this was the only device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back