Contribute
Register

High Sierra wake problem (x79)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely a issue with the Nvidia Web Drivers. Even Apples Stock Nvidia Drivers are unstable. I recently sold my GTX760 because of the problems and moved to onboard iGPU.
Hello @VioletDragon , I have solved sleep issue yesterday. Problem was pmset values are changed after upgrade. I have set all values again and sleep now working fine.

Hello @VioletDragon , I have solved sleep issue yesterday. Problem was pmset values are changed after upgrade. I have set all values again and sleep now working fine.
can you post your pmset -g output?

Most likely a issue with the Nvidia Web Drivers. Even Apples Stock Nvidia Drivers are unstable. I recently sold my GTX760 because of the problems and moved to onboard iGPU.

I don’t think it’s likely to be video driver-related, since I’ve seen the issue both with an Nvidia GPU installed and with an AMD GPU installed instead. (I don’t currently have the Nvidia web drivers installed at all.)

I’ve been trying to look into debugging the wake process, but it’s a bit over my head and I haven’t made much progress yet.

can you post your pmset -g output?
Here is how pmset values should be look like
Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.45.45 PM_01.png

I don’t think it’s likely to be video driver-related, since I’ve seen the issue both with an Nvidia GPU installed and with an AMD GPU installed instead. (I don’t currently have the Nvidia web drivers installed at all.)

I’ve been trying to look into debugging the wake process, but it’s a bit over my head and I haven’t made much progress yet.

AMD Radeon Graphics has issues i.e Blackscreen when entering Wake State.
Nvidia Web Drivers are not stable.
Apple Stock Drivers has issues with some Nvidia GPUs.

Did you solve the wake up issue?
I have Asus p9x79, the 10.13 installation went smoothly, had to install nvidia web drivers using lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.
The only issue I'm having is that the system does not wake up after sleep.
Tried setting AC power configurations as @umangloria mentioned, but no matter what i try to change using sudo pmset -a ..., there is no effect, pmset values are ignored, the pmset -g output remains the same.

So, does anybody have solution for this wake up issue?

Did you solve the wake up issue?
I have Asus p9x79, the 10.13 installation went smoothly, had to install nvidia web drivers using lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.
The only issue I'm having is that the system does not wake up after sleep.
Tried setting AC power configurations as @umangloria mentioned, but no matter what i try to change using sudo pmset -a ..., there is no effect, pmset values are ignored, the pmset -g output remains the same.

So, does anybody have solution for this wake up issue?
No , in my case once I finish changing values ,I reboot to check if they are changed or not and in my case it has always changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back