Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GT 710
Hi.
Running Sierra and trying to update.
Followed the official update guide. Except I could not find exact clover version, so just used multibeast (high sierra), and update my clover.
Currently on 4630.

From boot, I select MacOS installer.
First its stuck for a loooooong time on iappleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking, and then stuck on starting optimistic dad. I can still boot fine into my existing Sierra install (typing from it now), if I select that from my clover menu.
So something tells me it's not clover messing up, since its actually working?

appleIntelSlow.jpg

DAD.jpg

What can i do?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi.
Running Sierra and trying to update.
Followed the official update guide. Except I could not find exact clover version, so just used multibeast (high sierra), and update my clover.
Currently on 4630.

From boot, I select MacOS installer.
First its stuck for a loooooong time on iappleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking, and then stuck on starting optimistic dad. I can still boot fine into my existing Sierra install (typing from it now), if I select that from my clover menu.
So something tells me it's not clover messing up, since its actually working?

View attachment 431915

View attachment 431916

What can i do?

Thanks.

Hello.

Well from what you tell us it sounds as though the High Sierra update has not begun in any way. The fact you can still boot Sierra is the pointer.

High Sierra will default to the new APFS files system if you are installing to SSD. This involves changing the disk format and moving stuff around. Sierra doesn't "know" about any of that stuff so the process is not getting that far.

You have updated Clover so that should be okay.

So, what to do? Well you could create a High Sierra UniBeast installer drive and use that rather than trying the App Store update only. Normally if the installer "sees" an incumbent system it should not delete anything and do the longer update-install. However, given your problems, I would back-up everything in case things go awry, including de-activating any valuable software until you are back up and running. Remember iTunes Authorisations too.

(PS - remember there is an installer "patch" to prevent the upgrade from HFS+ to APFS, if that is a choice you would like to make. It's in the guide.)

:)

Thanks a lot. Think I will do a clean install then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back