CPU
Intel i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just wanted to post this in hopes it may help some. I have a z270xp-sli MOBO and Samsung 850 SSD drive installing High Sierra. I went through the motions of installing as directed, adjusting BIOS setting and following install with Unibeast 8.0.1 (used the latest Unibeast but it would not load High Sierra for some reason). The Apple logo took forever to change and then after several reboots for loading, it still took forever.

So troubleshooting I knew it was going to format my drive to the new Apple format and that I would have to hack it in terminal for HRS. But after trying everything I was wondering oif the initial install with the Apple file system might be a problem. So I attached my mac laptop to my drive with a USB adapter and formatted the drive OS journaled as instructed in the directions but bypassed the option in utilities on the new install that only offered to format in the new Apple file system.

Then when installing it all installed very fast. It may not be the answer for all with this problem but thought I would share what worked for me.

Just wanted to post this in hopes it may help some. I have a z270xp-sli MOBO and Samsung 850 SSD drive installing High Sierra. I went through the motions of installing as directed, adjusting BIOS setting and following install with Unibeast 8.0.1 (used the latest Unibeast but it would not load High Sierra for some reason). The Apple logo took forever to change and then after several reboots for loading, it still took forever.

So troubleshooting I knew it was going to format my drive to the new Apple format and that I would have to hack it in terminal for HRS. But after trying everything I was wondering oif the initial install with the Apple file system might be a problem. So I attached my mac laptop to my drive with a USB adapter and formatted the drive OS journaled as instructed in the directions but bypassed the option in utilities on the new install that only offered to format in the new Apple file system.

Then when installing it all installed very fast. It may not be the answer for all with this problem but thought I would share what worked for me.

Just to be clear, you had a hackintosh, working, you upgraded, the boot times became slow and sluggish, you basically then performed a clean install and everything seems to be ok?

Thanks for asking. It was a clean install not an upgrade. The SSD was not formatted. The standard approach would be to boot usb with Clover and then follow the install process. And, according to directions, format the drive when asked in the mac install and then complete installation of OS. However, the formatting in High Sierra 10.13 only offers the new Apple file system, not the OS journaled. From that point for me it was way to slow and I had to stop. Reformatting the drive before starting to OS journaled by using and adapter attached to my other mac allowed me to format as OS journaled before using the USB install.

Thanks for asking. It was a clean install not an upgrade. The SSD was not formatted. The standard approach would be to boot usb with Clover and then follow the install process. And, according to directions, format the drive when asked in the mac install and then complete installation of OS. However, the formatting in High Sierra 10.13 only offers the new Apple file system, not the OS journaled. From that point for me it was way to slow and I had to stop. Reformatting the drive before starting to OS journaled by using and adapter attached to my other mac allowed me to format as OS journaled before using the USB install.
Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I started my build on a HS OS and therefore I didn’t encounter your situation but merely inadvertently avoided it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back