Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4
CPU
i5-13600KF
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Hi,

I have this strange problem!

The system is working really well, everything was perfect in 10.12.6, than I updated to 10.13.1, still everything ok but...

Some time after boot the system starts to get laggy, just something graphics related, like moving from desktop 1 to desktop 2, laggy movements in the transition. Also moving the picture around in Photoshop with hand tool gets laggy. Just after boot I get 110fps in Cinebench OpenGL test, after the system gets laggy I get 35/40.

Sometimes it happens 1 minute after boot, sometimes after 1 hour, but always happens, a reboot solves it again!

I tryed to do a fresh 10.13.1 install, same problem!

Now, I started to have the problem with a Geforce, so I thought that was the problem... changed it to a Radeon, uninstalled nVidia drivers first and installed Lilu and Whathever green, tryed also without the kext and using RadeonDeInit, same problem!

So, so, so strange! From a geforce to a Radeon and same problem! It shouldn't be something related to the graphic card so...any ideas?

Last edited:
Still same problem on 10.13.2

No ideas...?

Everything works so well, except this problem which is totally random! Random problems get me crazy... because you can't really think about the reason this happens

After further testing it SEEMS LIKE the problem is using iMac SMBIOS. I tried 14,2 - 15,2 and 18,1

I've been using Map Pro 6,1 for 3 days now and the problem never showed so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back