Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for jumping on this thread but I've got a Dell 3040 that I'm trying to get High Sierra onto using this site. I'm stuck at the first hurdle though as I can't get the system to boot from the USB stick despite trying a number of BIOS settings. It's a 32Gb Corsair Survivor stick and appears to be correctly set up after going through the guide on here. I'm going to change try a different one in case it is a problem with this but could either of you let me know what BIOS settings you used on your 3020's to get them to boot from the USB please?

Many thanks.

In order to boot from usb, you need to make sure it is formatted with GUID. if formatted with MBR, it won't boot.
the key is taking proper step to create boot usb for HIGH SIERRA.
the only bios setting required to boot usb is choose usb under UEFI boot as first boot drive.
when you create EFI partition on usb drive using clover, make sure you choose UEFI.

@atun , can you reupload your EFI? I think the download is broken.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:
@bttfpromo, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I dont understand this at all. I have clover booting fine with all types of nvidia cards and so forth but this machine the 3020 that is, doesnt boot using any inidia it just restarts. I have tried to make it work with older nvidia and new a like and I get it to boot maybe once out of 20 tries like I just got lucky once. What am I doing wrong? Also is there a way to get full sound and video support on this unit with the onboard intel 4600 graphics?

update, I can get video to work everytime with nvidia but the color is all screwed up.

@nickw1978, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I dont understand this at all. I have clover booting fine with all types of nvidia cards and so forth but this machine the 3020 that is, doesnt boot using any inidia it just restarts. I have tried to make it work with older nvidia and new a like and I get it to boot maybe once out of 20 tries like I just got lucky once. What am I doing wrong? Also is there a way to get full sound and video support on this unit with the onboard intel 4600 graphics?
If your still interested in getting the intel HD 4600 working in HS download Clover Configurator, Mount your EFI, load your config.plist and go to Graphics on the left side. Tick “Inject EDID” tick “Inject Intel” and and enter 0x0D220003 in “ig-platform-id”. Restart and your golden. Works straight away for me on my 3020

Last edited:
If your still interested in getting the intel HD 4600 working in HS download Clover Configurator, Mount your EFI, loaf your confit.plist and go to Graphics on the left side. Tick “Inject EDID” tick “Inject Intel” and and enter 0x0D220003 in “ig-platform-id”. Restart and your golden. Works straight away for me on my 3020

I have also found that installing IntelGraphicsFixup from MultiBeast also fixes Intel graphics on both 4400 and 4600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back