Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
here it is. this is for HS. for me, sleep and audio via dP is still not working. otherwise all ok.
let me know if you have issue

It works! at this point it works like my El Capitan build... so there is no reason to go back. *takes a deep breath* Now its time to figure out how to make my 1050ti work ( which is the main reason why I wanted to upgrade to Sierra/HS )... So far so good! Gracias!
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 8.55.10 PM.png

here it is. this is for HS. for me, sleep and audio via dP is still not working. otherwise all ok.

Hi @atun I am also running the same rig

DELL Optiplex 3020 with i5 4570
Only 4GB RAM

I tried your EFI, replacing the files of my EFI with your's

about this mac still showing only 7mb for graphics

should I do a fresh install before trying the EFI?

Hi @atun I am also running the same rig

DELL Optiplex 3020 with i5 4570
Only 4GB RAM

I tried your EFI, replacing the files of my EFI with your's

about this mac still showing only 7mb for graphics

should I do a fresh install before trying the EFI?

I will do fresh reinstall using my EFI ( pre and post install). this is for build in intel video. I did not use DGPU card.

I will do fresh reinstall using my EFI ( pre and post install). this is for build in intel video. I did not use DGPU card.

Thank You, I will try it out

Yes I am only planning to use the iGPU

What bios settings should I change in the dell bios?

Apologies for jumping on this thread but I've got a Dell 3040 that I'm trying to get High Sierra onto using this site. I'm stuck at the first hurdle though as I can't get the system to boot from the USB stick despite trying a number of BIOS settings. It's a 32Gb Corsair Survivor stick and appears to be correctly set up after going through the guide on here. I'm going to change try a different one in case it is a problem with this but could either of you let me know what BIOS settings you used on your 3020's to get them to boot from the USB please?

Many thanks.

Apologies for jumping on this thread but I've got a Dell 3040 that I'm trying to get High Sierra onto using this site. I'm stuck at the first hurdle though as I can't get the system to boot from the USB stick despite trying a number of BIOS settings. It's a 32Gb Corsair Survivor stick and appears to be correctly set up after going through the guide on here. I'm going to change try a different one in case it is a problem with this but could either of you let me know what BIOS settings you used on your 3020's to get them to boot from the USB please?

Many thanks.

Hi For me, I had had to change the boot type to eufi and disable legacy. that's pretty much all I had to change from default to boot usb

only changes in bios is
- SATA to AHCI
-serial port- disabled.
- disable secure boot
boot from UEFI. legacy mode does not need to be disabled.

I still have issue with sleep and audio via HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back