Register

High Sierra support for Dell OptiPlex 3020

Motherboard
Dell 3020
CPU
i5-5490
Graphics
HD 4600
I would start by first making a custom SSDT for your USB ports. After that do some more troubleshooting if it still isn't working.

thanks @trs96 , ill give it a try ..everything's works just fine include PM and FaceTime etc...now everytime I get to sleep my hackintosh it will go to KP.. here is the report I got. ill attach also my config.plist for your reference.

as for customs SSDT I will give It a shot . I will get back to you soon..thanks for the link above.

"system I'm running is Dell Optilex 3020 with i5-4590 and intel HD 4600 GFX "

Attachments

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Try removing everything but your mouse from the USB ports, put it to sleep and see if that changes anything.

Motherboard
DELL 490P1
CPU
I5-4590
Graphics
HP AMD Radeon HD 6570
thanks @trs96 , ill give it a try ..everything's works just fine include PM and FaceTime etc...now everytime I get to sleep my hackintosh it will go to KP.. here is the report I got. ill attach also my config.plist for your reference.

as for customs SSDT I will give It a shot . I will get back to you soon..thanks for the link above.

"system I'm running is Dell Optilex 3020 with i5-4590 and intel HD 4600 GFX "
Hello i also have a Dell Optilex 3020 with i5-4590 i would like to know if you were able to solve your problems and if you would be willing to share your efi folder with me.

Motherboard
Dell 3020
CPU
i5-5490
Graphics
HD 4600
Try removing everything but your mouse from the USB ports, put it to sleep and see if that changes anything.
ok..I've done as instructed and the result was the same..it got interesting though coz when I remove everything and leave my mouse, instead of sleep, the display goes off (fan still spinning) ..and sometimes it goes to sleep too (with fan is turning off) and whenever I try to wake my pc up, only the fan is turning on while the display still sleep/black. I have to force shut down and when it booted up again then KP report has present indicate the sleep did not work.
################################

aside of this problems, I did face this problem with my HP 6300 i7-3770 but it was solved by simply change my display from VGA to DP and sleep/wake function work just fine.

here I attached my bootlog for your reference incase I'd loaded wrong kexts or configuration and KP that I'm facing after force reboot using leaving only mouse USB port when sleep.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell 3020
CPU
i5-5490
Graphics
HD 4600
Motherboard
DELL 490P1
CPU
I5-4590
Graphics
HP AMD Radeon HD 6570
hey , what method you re using installing your MacOS ? btw you can check my config.plist here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-support-for-dell-optiplex-3020.243797/page-9#post-1923503
I followed the instructions from morgonaut that are on YouTube. Its the vanilla method.When i reboot all i see is a black screen and cursor flicking. So i must have created my usb wrong. I made recommended changes on bios and still nothing. I wonder if i am doing those wrong as well . My other concern is that I have a sata selector with a separate drive that has windows. When i make bios changes that drive doesn't work no more.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell 3020
CPU
i5-5490
Graphics
HD 4600
I followed the instructions from morgonaut that are on YouTube. Its the vanilla method.When i reboot all i see is a black screen and cursor flicking. So i must have created my usb wrong. I made recommended changes on bios and still nothing. I wonder if i am doing those wrong as well . My other concern is that I have a sata selector with a separate drive that has windows. When i make bios changes that drive doesn't work no more.
yes..im following her guide also and everything work fine, installation works fine, boot, PM etc, except for sleep/wake function..I never had those prob ( reboot and black sceen and cursor flicking) . Did you successfully install HS/Mojave or not? as for sleep/wake function not working..I will continue follow @trs96 and ill get back to this post after successfully create the customs SSTD .

p/s I suggested just using onboard HD4600 for clean installation and after your macOS up and running smoothly then add those HD 6570 GFX later coz my config.plist specified for HD 4600 .

I really, really, really need help to make my Dell Optiplex 3020 (i5-4590, Intel HD Graphic 4600 - ID F 8086, ID D 0412, Rev 06) working on Mojave. I got too many warnings and erros on Mac initialization, I missconfig something in Clover plist. Someone can post pics from a working plist configuration? Please.

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 Aorus
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1050 T
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@rbarceloss attached is the EFI and kexts I use for my OptiPlex 3020 tower build running 10.14.4. Everything barring sleep works fine. Sometimes the graphics lag a little after log in but this is negligible. I haven't spent too much time on this build as my main is far better.

Hopefully this will work for you.

There are some caveats to the config and kext setups.

Firstly you must populate the smbios serial and smuuid fields in both configs (preferably the same for both)

The POST install EFi contains ssdt-ec that works fine for the tower and the Install to L\E\ folder contain the USBPorts.kext that goes with it. If you aren't using the Tower version delete both of these files. You can create your own by using Hackintool and booting with the USB efi that provides the necessary USBInjectall kext and patches.

These are both built using clover 4920 which is the latest at the time so.

I think that's everything. Any question feel free to ask and I will help if I can

Attachments