Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext to get the native AppleHDA audio to work. You should find those kexts in the efi folder I provided under Clover/Kexts/Other.

You place them in the same directory on your HDD efi and then configure your config.plist to the correct platform id using clover configurator.

Once thing to note is you need the native AppleHDA.kext from the vanilla install. If you have tried other methods of getting audio working you have to completely remove those methods and replace the AppleHDA.kext with an unmodified one.

Do you know what Realtek Audio you have? If it’s the same as mine then you will need to set the target id to 3 under the devices section of your config.plist in clover configurator

I haven't tried any other method to install audio. Only used kextbeast to instal Voodoo 2.9.1. o does this mean my AppleHDA is still intact?

So here is my config.plist file. What are the chances of getting a boot loop if I use the modified config.plist? Also my Audio is Realtek ALC3220 according to my BIOS.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
I’m not sure if your AppleHDA kext will be modified or not. I do know that you will need to remove everything relating to voodoo though

You should be fine with the changes to the config. If not then just boot from the usb and replace the config file from that to your efi partition on your hdd.

ALC3220 is the same as mine. I believe your board will be the same as mine too. I’m surprised you weren’t able to boot from my efi as it’s the same machine just different cpu. Your audio should work using the same method I used. Only thing that might not is audio over the DisplayPort as my config file refers to a DSDT and SSDT to make that work. As your not using that you may have an issue.

Once I get home I shall sort out the config for you and upload it for you

are you using Sierra or High Sierra?

could you upload the your EFI folder please. You seem to have a lot of potentially unnecessary options within your config.plist. In the mean time, try this one. I suggest if that one is working so far for you then maybe you should copy your current efi to your usb to enable you to boot if this doesn't work plus you have a backup that way.

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.9 KB · Views: 165
are you using Sierra or High Sierra?

could you upload the your EFI folder please. You seem to have a lot of potentially unnecessary options within your config.plist. In the mean time, try this one. I suggest if that one is working so far for you then maybe you should copy your current efi to your usb to enable you to boot if this doesn't work plus you have a backup that way.

Sadly i cant boot with your edited config.plist. I get a verbose boot screen and then nothing happens. Had to boot from USB. Damn this is so frustrating. I wonder if i reinstall Voodoo it will work. Audio i'm using a jackport at the back.

That’s a shame. Thanks for trying. You could try voodoo 2.8.8. I believe that worked for me on my initial try before I got the native audio method to work.

Another thing I tried was to patch the AppleHDA kext with realtek ALC280 codec. That also worked but it over DP/HDMI if I remember right. If your using the jack on the back then this will work as it did for me

That’s a shame. Thanks for trying. You could try voodoo 2.8.8. I believe that worked for me on my initial try before I got the native audio method to work.

Another thing I tried was to patch the AppleHDA kext with realtek ALC280 codec. That also worked but it over DP/HDMI if I remember right. If your using the jack on the back then this will work as it did for me

Ok so i dont need audio over HDMI/DP. Which method do you recomend i use? Voodoo or patching AppleHDA? And which one is safer i dont want to mess anything after all the trouble i've gone through even create a bootable USB. Thanks bro

Hello Devid I would like to know how did you install macOSX on your Optiplex 3020.

Hey guys! I'm not so new to Hackintosh, it's my second machine I'm working right now, a Dell OptiPlex 3020 which gave me a lot of issues.

Is There any support for this unit?
I've tried everything for the graphics.
I have Intel Graphics 8600 and nVidia 8400 GS.
I've installed OSX succesfully, but I cannot activate none of the graphics card.
Please help. Tried everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back