CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook
I've just installed this security update...twice.
Each time I restart and launch the App Store, it tells me that the same update is available to install and doesn't show that it already was installed.
Is anyone else getting this?
Does this mean that there install never happened or it's an App Store glitch?

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - F11
CPU
i7-8700K OC @ 5.1Ghz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Performa
Mobile Phone
iOS
it sounds like you never compelted install by booting from "install macOS" container upon reboot
the initial setup doesn't install ANYTHING, it just creates a boot partition, if you never boot into it then you'll see loop you have now

CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
it sounds like you never compelted install by booting from "install macOS" container upon reboot
the initial setup doesn't install ANYTHING, it just creates a boot partition, if you never boot into it then you'll see loop you have now
Forgive my noobness.
When I boot up my system, it boots up from the boot loader, in Configurator is called "EFI on APFS Container [High Sierra, PreBoot, recovery, VM]".
Have I been running this desktop the wrong way this whole time? :eek:
How would I even tell if I've been running my rig the wrong way?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - F11
CPU
i7-8700K OC @ 5.1Ghz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Performa
Mobile Phone
iOS
there should be an install macOS boot partition that's only there cause you ran the security update/setup, you not seeing that after you run the update in app store and reboot? perhaps you accidentally hid that container in clover?

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5559
CPU
i7-6500U
Graphics
R5 M335-HD 520
I'm having a similar issue. If I allow it to boot from that install boot partition, I get a message saying "Your computer restarted because of a problem." If I boot into regular partition I can see the install folder but Sec Up not installed.

I thought I had it figured out by putting Lilu and WhateverGreen into EFI/Clover/Kext/Other (as well as having it in L/E) but that wasn't the problem.

Attached is Apple error report.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm having a similar issue. If I allow it to boot from that install boot partition, I get a message saying "Your computer restarted because of a problem." If I boot into regular partition I can see the install folder but Sec Up not installed.

I thought I had it figured out by putting Lilu and WhateverGreen into EFI/Clover/Kext/Other (as well as having it in L/E) but that wasn't the problem.

DVMT problem.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
there should be an install macOS boot partition that's only there cause you ran the security update/setup, you not seeing that after you run the update in app store and reboot? perhaps you accidentally hid that container in clover?
In my BOOT folder nested in my EFI folder I have a "BOOTX64.efi" file. Is that what you mean?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
I've exact the same problem. My Skylake desktop system with RX480 runs on 10.13.6 very good (except some weird keyboard issues i haven't got fixed since many major releases), but this update behavior looks like an infinite loop.

@RehabMan i scoped some of your DVMT problem threads, but i never understood it. I even don't know what to do. The matter seems to be too high for me, sorry.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Z390-I
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII

i also having a similiar issue like this after i tried security update 2018-002 for 10.13.6, here is the screenshot :

and i save the error log (i attach it to this post), couples question :
1. how to solve this issue?
2. if I cannot understand how to solve it (yes, I'm that noob) i have this "workaround" that I have is to manually select 'boot macOS from [my HDD name] every time i turn on the computer, how to set the clover to automatically boot to that partition?

thx before

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3 F21 / Asus P8P67 Deluxe
CPU
i7 6600 / i7 2600
Graphics
EVGA 740sc 2GB / Asus NVIDIA GTX760
I tried running it from the App Store and also a separate download and no luck, upon reboot I get "Boot macOS Install from High Sierra" running in a loop and when booting from macOS High Sierra partition, the Nvidia web driver needs to updated.