Contribute
Register

High Sierra - RX Vega & Final Cut h.264 fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to enable Intel graphics in BIOS (just to be enabled) and set that it is primary graphics for export of h264 to work,
How to chose it to be primary for export???

You can start Activity monitor and enable GPU history window to see which graphic is used more at current time, then you can see which graphic is doing what in FCP.
How to see which graphics is used in activity mon?

I have iGPU enabled but have heard people getting BruceX scores of less than 15sec with the VEGAs. What are your thoughts?
Are you shure they exported to h264? Not ProRes (which is much faster)?

alexjibcam, i just got the same result - 14 sec on Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8gb exporting to ProRes 422 rendered in project (FCXP 10.4.5 Mojave latest beta).

Last edited:
Thank you very much for helping. THIS DID WORK and I am now able to export .H264 from final cut. The difference in the render was unbelievably fast. I used to have a GTX 1070 and now have the RX Vega 64. The GTX 1070 would take almost more than double the amount of time to render when doing the same project as the RX Vega 64.
What SMBIOS do you have?
Do you have both GPUs loaded when export (in Activity Monitor ->GPU History)?

Screenshot 2019-03-23 at 09.24.13.png

Please help!!! Did everything as you wrote but it did not help. Still error 12912. What else can be done? Maybe change something with my clover configuration?
Снимок экрана 2019-05-15 в 20.25.07.png
Снимок экрана 2019-05-15 в 20.22.14.png

Last edited:
Update to 14.5 if it’s not fixed try emuvariableefi in Drivers64efi.
Thanks so much. But that didn't help. May be something wrong with config.plist?

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Thank you very much to all !! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your time. I feel like a great family that together we make big progress and we help each other. Once again I was able to solve the problem of exporting files to mp4 thanks to you, a problem with which I have spent many hours invested. Greetings to all . :clap::clap:

OK guys,
this one :
SMB_BIOS_VERSION "IM191.88Z.0058.B00.1705091711"
SMB_PRODUCT_NAME "iMac19,1"
SMB_BOARD_PRODUCT "Mac-CF21D135A7D34AA6"

worked for me !!!
Life saver!!

Worked for me, too.

iMovie and Quicktime can export/share now where before it simply locked my entire machine causing me to do a hard reset.

Thanks!

Gigabyte X99-UD4
AMD Radeon RX580
OSX High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back