Contribute
Register

High Sierra - RX Vega & Final Cut h.264 fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, I am very very interested! Just this weekend I had a few screen-freeze-to-reboot because of old GoPro H.264 content.

Was it easy to setup?

The setup steps were identical to installing High Sierra. I also changed my smbios to imac pro but only to test vega on beta 1-3 when issues were not fixed. I thought may be that would help. It did NOT change anything in beta 1-3. But in beta 4, everything was magically resolved and the card works the same way as windows. HOWEVER (yes, of course there is always a catch right!!), a lot of the apps crash repeatedly. I got some working by installing the nightly beta which are compatible with mojave. So that is the only downside that you may have an app which doesn’t have mojave support. The open CL scores stayed same as before and

@dashingncool

Absolutely terrific! Yeah, some apps might not run, but if FCP X don't crash, that means no destroyed libraries :)

I will return with my findings once I upgrade tonight.

Thanks a lot, for bringing my attention to this.

The setup steps were identical to installing High Sierra.

So I went ahead and downloaded the latest Beta, used the terminal command and it started making a new USB installer.
Once done, I can't for the life in me get Clover to detect it as a "bootable device" to install the Bootloader. I tried installing Mojave directly from my application folder (I too have MacPro 1,1 config), and when it restarts it halts at "endrandomseed".

I tried googling the "endrandomseed" - but none of the solutions was helpful. So I am kinda stuck - will have a go again tomorrow night.

It happened to me once in high sierra update. Clover got corrupted somehow. I had to then boot using the usb. After that, clover installer was not installing in the efi partition on my apfs drive. Instead it was creating efi folders in /Macintosh. So to resolve it, I simply mounted the efi using clover configurator (it was empty of course) abd copied the efi from my usb drive. Just check if it’s happening to you. One more thing, although fcpx and rest of the os is stable and does not light up the gpu like before, Ableton live is still crashing after some time with gpu overload. I can see all leds on gpu lightingup. After I apply the kext patch (I tagged you on that thread a while ago), ableton too works fine. It may be the case that Ableton is working on updating the software because in V10, they started to use external GPU for rendering and also for Ableton Push. I have not seen any other app crash or freeze so far.

So I went ahead and downloaded the latest Beta, used the terminal command and it started making a new USB installer.
Once done, I can't for the life in me get Clover to detect it as a "bootable device" to install the Bootloader. I tried installing Mojave directly from my application folder (I too have MacPro 1,1 config), and when it restarts it halts at "endrandomseed".

I tried googling the "endrandomseed" - but none of the solutions was helpful. So I am kinda stuck - will have a go again tomorrow night.

So, one brief thought: be careful if you have an NVMe in use on that board. The NVMe can interfere with booting another drive - check your manual if you are using an NVMe. If you don't have an NVMe, then it has to be something else. Just something to review, just in case.

So, one brief thought: be careful if you have an NVMe in use on that board. The NVMe can interfere with booting another drive - check your manual if you are using an NVMe. If you don't have an NVMe, then it has to be something else. Just something to review, just in case.

Thanks for the heads up. I am using the NVMe as main disk - so hopefully it won't interfer with my USB. I start the Mojave update from High Sierra (application folder), it reboots, clover (which is loading the bootloader from my High Sierra) now shows the "Install OSX" just like any other update from Appstore. But stops at the "endrandomseed ++++++++++". Hopefully below will solve this tonight :)

@dashingncool Thanks for the tip, I will have a look see tonight if it is indeed the case. Normally I never have this much trouble getting a USB installer up and running. This "endrandomseed" halt has proven quite the headcracker :-D

I am gonna throw in the towel, and wait for final release :)

No matter how I setup my EFI, then it just won't get past the "endrandomseed ++++++++++". I have tried every trick there is, besides the one where you need to map your Installed RAM.

My Hack is running quite well with only very very few freezes in FCP X, and I am guessing im gonna run into other trouble running the Beta, even-though it's always fun installing something new :)

Hi all ,

this is my 1st post, I'm new to hackintosh. I did all the step from my system works well,

T5ic2V.jpg

I'm using DaVinci resolve and I don't think its makes any difference in rendering to FCPX . so I have problem
with h.264 render.

please help.

Which version of FCPX do you use ?

try FCPX 10.3.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back