Contribute
Register

High Sierra - RX Vega & Final Cut h.264 fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you fix the chrome crashing? changing to 19,1 fixed my export but chrome and other electron based app still freezes and sometimes would just log me off.
With the latest update of High Sierra, 19,1 is giving me a black screen on boot because Vega gets lit up.
I am now flipping back to 18,3 and make peace until the new mac pro arrives.

With the latest update of High Sierra, 19,1 is giving me a black screen on boot because Vega gets lit up.
I am now flipping back to 18,3 and make peace until the new mac pro arrives.

I don't have a problem with black screen at 19,1 with the latest supplemental update. What I did was that I used the autogenerated based on the 18,3 profile. Then manually set back the serial number & board serial number of my previous build and then changed the product name to 19,1 and the bios version based on Diorama's in the original post.

Although I am a bit concern about using 19,1 with an i-7 4790k since it's probably missing some instruction set that only the newer core series have.

I don't have a problem with black screen at 19,1 with the latest supplemental update. What I did was that I used the autogenerated based on the 18,3 profile. Then manually set back the serial number & board serial number of my previous build and then changed the product name to 19,1 and the bios version based on Diorama's in the original post.

Although I am a bit concern about using 19,1 with an i-7 4790k since it's probably missing some instruction set that only the newer core series have.

I also ran the upgrade and it worked fine for like 2 days. But today, I started facing an old issue where only one display port is working even though nothing has changed in the system. I have been banging my head for hours now but I can't understand what the problem is.
Moreover, flipping the version back to 18,3 did not fix the issue for me. So yes you are right, I am inferring that the 19,1 is not the problem and there is something else which is wrong here.

I figured what the problem was. I updated the BIOS and it also enabled CSM mode. This is a NO NO for RX Vega cards on Hackintosh. I ended up doing a clean install to make sure what is going on haha.

Also from experience, since not all the apps are working correctly yet, so functioning of chrome and FCP X may just be accidental. The outcomes may not be the same for everyone. I am surely be wrong and I do hope that it works for you. I haven't been able to use my Hack a lot lately, so I am kinda using safari for browsing etc.

Also from experience, since not all the apps are working correctly yet, so functioning of chrome and FCP X may just be accidental. The outcomes may not be the same for everyone. I am surely be wrong and I do hope that it works for you. I haven't been able to use my Hack a lot lately, so I am kinda using safari for browsing etc.

Thanks for getting back to me @dashingncool

I have attached my config.plist - perhaps there is something that can be fixed about it.

1. Open the config.plist in the Clover Configurator and make the following edits in SMBIOS
    • On the terminal, run uuidgen to generate a UUID and replace the SmUUID
    • Generate a new serial number.
    • Copy this same serial number in the Board Serial number and append any 5 (five) random hex compatible letters. For example, if your serial number is C02VYV2V313J, then a valid Board Serial number can be C02VYV2V313JABCDE.
    • You will notice that the Product Name is iMac 19,1 even though it is not available in the SMBIOS wizard. Thats because it is the SMBIOS of the upcoming iMac Pro (c. Pike Alpha). Look at this post for more context.
    • Don't change the BIOS version or Board-id. This will wreck your SMBIOS. Basically, don't mix match iMac19,1 with any other model.

I have trouble understanding it. Running uuidgen gives me:
1AB01480-35A3-4260-B9E7-C44A288BEDFE

I put this long hexline in SmUUID in Clover Config (SMBIOS tab), but I can't generate a serial number. Nothing happens.

Not sure on how to generate iMac 18,1 in Clover, can you assist? :) - still running below:

The Productname + Bios Version + Board ID post #1 in this thread. Copy pasted.

Let me know what I can do :)

EDIT: I downloaded your EFI zip. So awaiting next step.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 258
  • SMBIOS Panel.png
    SMBIOS Panel.png
    623.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me @dashingncool

I have attached my config.plist - perhaps there is something that can be fixed about it.

I have trouble understanding it. Running uuidgen gives me:
1AB01480-35A3-4260-B9E7-C44A288BEDFE

I put this long hexline in SmUUID in Clover Config (SMBIOS tab), but I can't generate a serial number. Nothing happens.

Not sure on how to generate iMac 18,1 in Clover, can you assist? :) - still running below:

The Productname + Bios Version + Board ID post #1 in this thread. Copy pasted.

Let me know what I can do :)

EDIT: I downloaded your EFI zip. So awaiting next step.

My bad. I should have written it better.

1. Empty the smbios. Start from scratch.
2. The click that little arrow in the mid right and select imac 18,3.
3. Generate a serial number and perform the steps about uuid.
4. Finally, replace the three fields for iMac 19.

Makes sense?

OK guys,
this one :
SMB_BIOS_VERSION "IM191.88Z.0058.B00.1705091711"
SMB_PRODUCT_NAME "iMac19,1"
SMB_BOARD_PRODUCT "Mac-CF21D135A7D34AA6"

worked for me !!!

My bad. I should have written it better.

1. Empty the smbios. Start from scratch.
2. The click that little arrow in the mid right and select imac 18,3.
3. Generate a serial number and perform the steps about uuid.
4. Finally, replace the three fields for iMac 19.

Makes sense?

@dashingncool

That made better sense. I got the SMBIOS to be nearly filled out (was missing ROM), but didn't change anything about the Chrome website: www.tv2.dk / hardcrash. So I tried your EFI folder, same thing. I tried to use your EFI folder and then swap the uuidgen number with mine, same thing.

Says my card is Vega 64 but it's an 56 (I guess you modified something?:))

Is there anything else I can try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back