Contribute
Register

High Sierra ROG Maximus X Hero - First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoyingly, heart is set on the gtx 1080ti, I understand theres a hand full Nvidia instability issues, getting it to work 100% and of course current gpu prices! but if all goes well with yours id feel more confident when it comes to "proceed to checkout" time. Whats left to work out?

Mine is running great. You will need to grab web drivers for the Nvidia. I have a few kins I am working out. I had one reboot before I could edit the clover as explained in Stork's build and now every time I boot I get the warning that my computer shut down wrong. I am still working on getting my audio work as well.

Update:
Found this at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...roblem-on-every-start-up.244044/#post-1678241

The panic report may be stored in NVRAM.
Search your EFI partition for a file called nvram.plist and delete it if you find it.
Then open Terminal and type :
Code (Text):
sudo nvram -c
Press return
Type your password (it will not show on screen)
Press return
Restart

Update 2:
I got the audio to work. Grabbed @pastrychef EFI for Nvidia r3.2.zip file.

Still not sure why the OS will not see the SATA HD or SSD. I have tried moving ports and still see no activity.

Last edited:
Mine is running great. You will need to grab web drivers for the Nvidia. I have a few kins I am working out. I had one reboot before I could edit the clover as explained in Stork's build and now every time I boot I get the warning that my computer shut down wrong. I am still working on getting my audio work as well.

Update:
Found this at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...roblem-on-every-start-up.244044/#post-1678241

The panic report may be stored in NVRAM.
Search your EFI partition for a file called nvram.plist and delete it if you find it.
Then open Terminal and type :
Code (Text):
sudo nvram -c
Press return
Type your password (it will not show on screen)
Press return
Restart

Update 2:
I got the audio to work. Grabbed @pastrychef EFI for Nvidia r3.2.zip file.

Still not sure why the OS will not see the SATA HD or SSD. I have tried moving ports and still see no activity.

Good to know you're getting there. not far to go! I on the other hand got scammed (but protected) by a amazon market place account for a gtx 1080 ti strix so im back in the dreaded gpu market once again :eek:

Has things stabilised now? smooth 4k edits?

Good to know you're getting there. not far to go! I on the other hand got scammed (but protected) by a amazon market place account for a gtx 1080 ti strix so im back in the dreaded gpu market once again :eek:

Has things stabilised now? smooth 4k edits?

Running great and editing 4K 360 VR GoPro Omni footage without issue. Good to hear the Amazon got your back.

The only sticking point is that my Motherboard does not see the 3 5TB hard drives in any configuration.

Running great and editing 4K 360 VR GoPro Omni footage without issue. Good to hear the Amazon got your back.

The only sticking point is that my Motherboard does not see the 3 5TB hard drives in any configuration.

damn you got some monster editing rig!

Sorry. I have never tried a hackintosh with Thunderbolt.
Thank you for the prompt reply. This is the message I get when I plug it in. Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 2.43.48 PM.png

Thank you for the prompt reply. This is the message I get when I plug it in.View attachment 333835

I'm fairly sure that you would need a Thunderbolt card on that board, and Thunderbolt support on the board. I don't think that board has Thunderbolt support built into it, and if it doesn't TB isn't going to work on it.

First, you need to determine if TB support is built into your motherboard. Then, if it does have TB support built in, then you would most probably have to purchase a TBEX 3 card. But don't purchase the card until you know TB support is on your motherboard. Check with Asus....

The ASUS MAXIMUS HERO X motherboard does not support Thunderbolt. I have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back