Contribute
Register

High Sierra ROG Maximus X Hero - First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I am writing this from Titan X. The install went very smooth after all of your help and guidance. Thank you @mm2margaret, @pastrychef, @HacKDo, and @juseon123. Now onto configuring the system. I will be following @pastrychef, Asus Z370 Hackintosh build guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...wi-fi-ac-build-w-i7-8700k-amd-vega-56.239969/ going forward.I look forward to adding [Success] at the beginning of this Thread.

What was it that finally made your drives visible?

What was it that finally made your drives visible?

Following Post #108, setting CSM to Auto. Allowed the M.2 to be seen.

I have not plugged in the SSD. I am also using your EFI folder. I am now working on finding out how to get my screen to be at the correct resolution. When I ran the install I had the monitor plugged into the GeForce GTX Titan. I tried booting being plugged into the MOBO HDMI port but the boot failed and kept restarting. Plugged it back into the Titan and it booted up just fine.

Following Post #108, setting CSM to Auto. Allowed the M.2 to be seen.

I have not plugged in the SSD. I am also using your EFI folder. I am now working on finding out how to get my screen to be at the correct resolution. When I ran the install I had the monitor plugged into the GeForce GTX Titan. I tried booting being plugged into the MOBO HDMI port but the boot failed and kept restarting. Plugged it back into the Titan and it booted up just fine.

Wow. Hard to believe that the CSM setting caused you so much problems... Anyway, it's good that you are finally on your way.

If you are using my EFI folders, the IGPU/UHD 630 is set to "headless" mode for systems with discrete graphics. That means it is not intended to be used with a monitor.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I am writing this from Titan X. The install went very smooth after all of your help and guidance. Thank you @mm2margaret, @pastrychef, @HacKDo, and @juseon123. Now onto configuring the system. I will be following @pastrychef, Asus Z370 Hackintosh build guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...wi-fi-ac-build-w-i7-8700k-amd-vega-56.239969/ going forward.I look forward to adding [Success] at the beginning of this Thread.

How are you coming along? I too am in the process of putting together a similar rig with same the same mobo

See my MyHero II build description for a step-by-build procedure; link is in my signature block.

How are you coming along? I too am in the process of putting together a similar rig with same the same mobo
It is up and running. I have not been able to get back to working on it this week. I am hoping over the weekend or early next week. If you have any issues read this thread. What Video card did you pick up?

It is up and running. I have not been able to get back to working on it this week. I am hoping over the weekend or early next week. If you have any issues read this thread. What Video card did you pick up?

Annoyingly, heart is set on the gtx 1080ti, I understand theres a hand full Nvidia instability issues, getting it to work 100% and of course current gpu prices! but if all goes well with yours id feel more confident when it comes to "proceed to checkout" time. Whats left to work out?

Annoyingly, heart is set on the gtx 1080ti, I understand theres a hand full Nvidia instability issues, getting it to work 100% and of course current gpu prices! but if all goes well with yours id feel more confident when it comes to "proceed to checkout" time. Whats left to work out?

You should check out the reports on the latest drivers for Nvidia: 387.10.10.10.30.107. Almost all report no issues. You can check out my post (#93), or many others, particularly on pages 9 and 10 of the thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-4-security-update.250960/page-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back