Contribute
Register

High Sierra Random Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drat! I was so excited to try that! And then I saw XMP was already disabled. D'oh.

You should fill out your profile with your system specs, but it still could be your memory try running just one strip I am guessing you have 4 x 16 or running a memory test. Maybe it is your GTX950, and the web drivers you have to run. My test system is a Z170 with I5 6600k but I have a Vega 56 installed and it works great. My issues were the memory but it always manifested itself during video acceleration. Maybe you could configure your system to just use the IGPU? instead of the GTX950. Do you get panics?

Is anyone still experiencing this on Intel HD 3000 graphics, High Sierra? I am getting random freezes from time to time, not related to system resource use. I could be idling on a webpage and the display will freeze up. Doing some other reading online, I believe it's related to the old graphics on high sierra with under 8 GB of RAM installed. I have 6 GB of RAM, and I'm getting occasional screen tearing (not related to system resource usage) and the freezing. My graphics show up fine in about my Mac. My next step will be to get 8 GB of RAM in this system and update if that solves anything.

idk

Last edited:
upgrading to 8 GB of RAM did not fix it, I still got a screen freeze. At the time, I was on a phone call through my iPhone on High Sierra, and the call kept going but the screen was locked up and I couldn't click anything. I'm curious to see if this is a High Sierra only issue!

upgrading to 8 GB of RAM did not fix it, I still got a screen freeze. At the time, I was on a phone call through my iPhone on High Sierra, and the call kept going but the screen was locked up and I couldn't click anything. I'm curious to see if this is a High Sierra only issue!

Hi, my problem sounds different, but maybe yours is also related to the same HS/Quicklook issue. In this post I explain it and the solution I found on the apple forums.
So far its workin great for me, only had one or two crashes since applying it and they were related to Octane dumping memory on crash.
It will not cause any problem in your system to try it, if it does not work just remove the file.

if anyone else is interested, i fixed my freezes
So what i did is basically delete FakeSMC , Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts from /system/library/extensions
and placed to EFI kext folder , and from clover config i choose Inject kext - YES
Thats it , it's helped me
No more freezes on High Sierra and Mojave
try it guys , good luck

So what i did is basically delete FakeSMC , Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts from /system/library/extensions
and placed to EFI kext folder , and from clover config i choose Inject kext - YES
For the last several macOS releases, 3rd party kexts (non-apple supplied) should be placed in /Library/Extensions. The /System/Library/Extensions folder should only contain Apple kexts. See [GUIDE] Installing 3rd Party Kexts - El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina for more information including how to correctly install kexts.

I just tested my system again and switched only my USB Mouse / Keyboard dongle to a USB2 Port. After 3 hours the system freezed again. Then i changed back to a USB3 Port and since that (7 days) the system is stabel. No freezes anymore!!

So I'm pretty sure that the USBInjectAll.kext in conjunction with USB2 Ports are responsible for the freezes.
Removing all instances of the USBInjectAll.kext absolutely worked for me ..!
And my Aspire 5750 was freezing all over the place ...!
Especially when scrolling on FB ..
Just clicked on computer>library>search and removed all USBInjectAll.kext that popped up ..
Now it all works like a dream ..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back