Contribute
Register

High Sierra, quick sync, 6700k, amd480r & 17,1 definition hitting encoding performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello everyone

I am running into some issues (I think) with quick sync under my 17,1 definition. I have gone with this as I am using the 6700k having previously tried one of the others and found I was unable to export video at all. I am currently able to though it does not have the wow performance I expected, in FCPX my 2013 mbpr recently outperformed it awhile back on one export!

Most of my exports are using 20-30% of the cpu. I have tried Davinci which was hitting 50%. I also downloaded MacX Video Converter Pro as a previous post mentioned it being the best way to tell if QS is working correctly my options are one tick box containing Intel/AMD/Nvidia is this correct? Exporting under these settings uses 100% of the CPU something I have never seen FCPX or DaVinci Resolve hit, encoding to HEVC was much faster than FCPX.

What am I missing here it seems pure CPU tasks are a definite improvement whereas probable CPU & GPU combinations fall flat on their ass?

Any suggestions and pointers are very much appreciated.

Hello everyone

I am running into some issues (I think) with quick sync under my 17,1 definition. I have gone with this as I am using the 6700k having previously tried one of the others and found I was unable to export video at all. I am currently able to though it does not have the wow performance I expected, in FCPX my 2013 mbpr recently outperformed it awhile back on one export!

Most of my exports are using 20-30% of the cpu. I have tried Davinci which was hitting 50%. I also downloaded MacX Video Converter Pro as a previous post mentioned it being the best way to tell if QS is working correctly my options are one tick box containing Intel/AMD/Nvidia is this correct? Exporting under these settings uses 100% of the CPU something I have never seen FCPX or DaVinci Resolve hit, encoding to HEVC was much faster than FCPX.

What am I missing here it seems pure CPU tasks are a definite improvement whereas probable CPU & GPU combinations fall flat on their ass?

Any suggestions and pointers are very much appreciated.

Hi! How did you manage to make quicksync work using the 6700k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back