help please, everyone , thanks

Attachments

• 20170722_093249.jpg
    20170722_093249.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,711
  • 20170722_093301.jpg
    20170722_093301.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,607
The error is I can't install clover UEFI or ESP with High Sierra public beta on this mobo,I can't try clover legacy. The mobo works perfectly whith Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite,Mavericks and Mountain Lion.But for now not whith High Sierra public beta. I get panic each time as shown in the pictures #1.When I change AppleACPIPlatform.kext in S/L/E put another with kext utility, it works but I can't get network. Now, I removed the mobo Ga-Z77X-UP5 TH and put ASus-P8P67 with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, it works with Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite,Mavericks,Mountain Lion and with High Sierra public beta. But for now with HS public beta, safari sutdown my hack in full screen, google chome and firefox too sometime.

The error is I can't install clover UEFI or ESP with High Sierra public beta on this mobo,I can't try clover legacy. The mobo works perfectly whith Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite,Mavericks and Mountain Lion.But for now not whith High Sierra public beta. I get panic each time as shown in the pictures #1.When I change AppleACPIPlatform.kext in S/L/E put another with kext utility, it works but I can't get network. Now, I removed the mobo Ga-Z77X-UP5 TH and put ASus-P8P67 with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, it works with Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite,Mavericks,Mountain Lion and with High Sierra public beta. But for now with HS public beta, safari sutdown my hack in full screen, google chome and firefox too sometime.
This is super hard to parse to understand what you're trying to do. The basic steps are
- build bootable USB stick (format USB stick, install macOS HS installer to USB stick, install Clover to USB stick; unibeast helps you with building USB stick)
- boot from USB stick and install macOS from USB stick to internal disk
- boot from USB stick and install Clover to internal disk
- boot from internal disk and install drivers for audio, graphics, and anything else that's missing (multibeast helps with this and previous step)

Which step are you stuck on?

boot from USB stick and install macOS from USB stick to internal disk
You get the Clover boot screen, select the USB stick which is the "Install macOS High Sierra" option, and you never reach the installer GUI, is that right? You hang with this backtrace?

I don't have any specific insight into the message you're seeing, I've never seen this sort of backtrace. But all the basic advice applies, simplify and double-check assumptions.
- got just the basic BIOS tweaks, nothing wonky? consider saving your config, loading optimized defaults, make basic BIOS edits
- consider disconnecting all internal drives except anticipated install drive
- consider using internal GPU (if you're on a board that supports it), set internal GPU as primary in BIOS
- use USB 2 port on back of machine
- latest clover?
- built USB properly, with proper kexts?
- boot, hit F12, boot from USB, then select "Install" option

You've done this before so I'd wager the USB hasn't been built properly. You might consider starting from scratch, read TonyMacX's post on building the HSB USB and doing that, even, wiping the USB stick completely first. Your post indicates you're mucking with kexts, which really, you shouldn't need to do with the USB stick. It's not meant to be optimal for your system, it's meant to be bootable, which is exactly the problem you seem to be facing. The only other thing is something specific for your board that you'd know about that I don't, and maybe that's why you're mucking with kexts on the USB stick.

Sorry that's all I got. Good luck!

I have a similar situation:
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
- i7 3770k
- GTX670

What I did:
- updated clover to v2.4k r4200
- downloaded the Beta 8
- extracted apfs.efi and put it to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
- put latest FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext to a newly created folder 10.13 as well as into the others folder

I try to update my current system from 10.12.6 directly so without a USB stick and the system stuck at loading the installer.

I tried:
- Disable all drives in Bios except the Master
- Wipe MATS
- Boot with and without -v & nv_disable=1

I never reach the installer...

Update:
- Found the problem myself. I never tried drop MATS without using "nv_disable=1" and it only worked that way... :D

Thank you

Last edited:
Dropping MATS worked for me too, although after I boot up the installer and try to install High Sierra onto the volume, my computer reboots and there is no way to continue the installation. Additionally, at that point, I can't even boot into Sierra. Were you able to complete the installation primalair?

- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
- i7 3770k
- GTX670

What I did:
- downloaded the Beta 8
- put latest FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext to a newly created folder 10.13 as well as into the others folder

I try to update my current system from 10.12.6 directly so without a USB stick and the system stuck at loading the installer.

I tried:
- Wipe MATS

Update:
- Found the problem myself. I never tried drop MATS without using "nv_disable=1" and it only worked that way... :D

Thank you

- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
- i7 3770k
- GTX670

What I did:
- downloaded the Beta 8

I tried:
- Wipe MATS

Update:

Thank you

This was also the solution for me. MATS was not actually a choice for me in the clover configurator (I did try scrolling with the mouse and using keyboard arrows, no dice) so I manually editing the config file to put in the DropTable entry for MATS. Combining that with nv_disable=1 (which I have *always* had to use in previous OS installs) wasn't working, so I read your post and tried out the combo of just dropping MATS and not turning on nv_disable=1. Boom, worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back