Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
High Sierra Public beta 3 and the USB Raise Port Limit Patch from @RehabMan no longer seem to work:

find: 837D8C10
replace: find 837D8C1B

Using same EFI folder, same config.plist from public beta 1 and 2 to boot High Sierra Beta 3 (off of a USB SSD) and with the port patch as listed above, the new High Sierra kernel no longer recognizes all of my USB ports.

How do you all determine which part of the AppleUSBXCHIPCI.kext to find/replace?

High Sierra Public beta 3 and the USB Raise Port Limit Patch from @RehabMan no longer seem to work:

find: 837D8C10
replace: find 837D8C1B

Using same EFI folder, same config.plist from public beta 1 and 2 to boot High Sierra Beta 3 (off of a USB SSD) and with the port patch as listed above, the new High Sierra kernel no longer recognizes all of my USB ports.

How do you all determine which part of the AppleUSBXCHIPCI.kext to find/replace?
So after a bit of investigation, it appears that the port patch as posted by RehabMan is still working in Beta 3 once it is installed and up and running. However, what I have uncovered is that the port patch doesn't work for the installer USB of Beta 3. Very interesting. Seems that the kernel (or kexts loaded) that the installer loads is different than the one that boots once the installation process is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back