Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B250M Mortar
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hi Everyone!
I did my bootable USB without problems and i have already formatted and did the first installation of macOs High Sierra.. now when the PC does the first reboot i see 3 partitions:
1-The installer from the USB
2-the installer from the SSD
3-"macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot"

should i boot From the SSD or from the Preboot partition? i saw online that usually there is a partition that install fileVault but not in this case, i don't have that but as you can read I have macOS install Prebooter and i can't find anything online... someone can help me? Thanks

Hi Everyone!
I did my bootable USB without problems and i have already formatted and did the first installation of macOs High Sierra.. now when the PC does the first reboot i see 3 partitions:
1-The installer from the USB
2-the installer from the SSD
3-"macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot"

should i boot From the SSD or from the Preboot partition? i saw online that usually there is a partition that install fileVault but not in this case, i don't have that but as you can read I have macOS install Prebooter and i can't find anything online... someone can help me? Thanks

Okay, ignore Preboot entries.

While installing, the left-most icon is External and that's your UniBeast USB drive. Next will be those Preboot entries we're ignoring, then a "Boot Installer..." icon and after that your destination SSD. (Unless other drives are present).

During installation you should use the left-most "Boot Installer..." icon for as long as it remains after reboots. Once it disappears you have completed the installation. You'll are then left with the External UniBeast, the main "Boot macOS..." SSD you've installed to, and the Recovery entry.

Last edited:
Okay, ignore Preboot entries.

While installing, the left-most icon is External and that's your UniBeast USB drive. Next will be those Preboot entries we're ignoring, then a "Boot Installer..." icon and after that your destination SSD. (Unless other drives are present).

During installation you should use the left-most "Boot Installer..." icon for as long as it remains after reboots. Once it disappears you have completed the installation. You'll are then left with the External UniBeast, the main "Boot macOS..." SSD you've installed to, and the Recovery entry.
Thank you so much, i appreciate your help. I did that and now it's working! I'm so happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back