Contribute
Register

High Sierra only reboots, won't shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this topic back into attention as i encounter the same problems as described above; once i have GenericUSBXHCI installed the VIA800 USB3 ports work but my system won't shutdown. When USBXHCI is removed shutdown is working but VIA800 ports are not.

Please, there must be some kind of fix possible!

High Sierra 10.13.6

It's been a while now, I think it's highly unlikely anyone is going to update this kext. I bit the bullet and bought myself an Inateck KT4004 4 port PCI card, works oob on Catalina. Totally worth it imo.

Bringing this topic back into attention as i encounter the same problems as described above; once i have GenericUSBXHCI installed the VIA800 USB3 ports work but my system won't shutdown. When USBXHCI is removed shutdown is working but VIA800 ports are not.

Please, there must be some kind of fix possible!

High Sierra 10.13.6

Have you tried Clover Configurator ACPI/DSDT patches "fix shutdown"?

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 9.00.06 PM.png

are we, the posters above, the only ones with this issue?

check into bios settings and see if you have wake with pci or Ethernet set To enable. I had the issue once where it would turn back on when a email message or notification came through.
I disabled the settings.

Thanks again for the reply GigaMaxx.

I have ErP enabled, so Wake on Lan is automatically disabled.
(Disabling ErP dos not make any difference.)
Wake on Thunderbolt is disabled.

I have the same issue with post 10.11 OSes, but it's not only because of GenericUSBXHCI.kext, I can't shutdown properly neither if I use CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext instead.
What's absolutely sure is that the issue is about USB3, for if I plug my trackball in USB2 ports, it shuts down ok (but I like to have it plugged in USB3 ports so that it won't wake up accidentally... ;) )
At a certain point, ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixShutdown seemed to have fixed the issue but a few days later it came back (maybe I've changed something else in the meantime but I couldn't find what...)
I've tried Hackintool's USB patch (see USB Patching in the Help), it's working great except when connecting USB2 devices on USB3 ports (maybe specific to my mobo).
I've also tried to kextunload the driver but it crashed immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back