Contribute
Register

Success - Z370-HD3 i5-8600K - RX 580 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Gigabyte released BIOS version F8a:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-HD3-rev-10#support-dl-bios

I'm currently running F7 and can't say I have issues with fans running at full speed on wake up. I'm also using darkwake=0 instead of darkwake=10 as the OP (if I choose no darkwake or any other number the system cannot wake from sleep or reboots; darkwake=0 makes the system wake up fast because it disables Power Nap completely).

However, I am using a beQuiet! case with beQuiet! fans attached directly to SATA power, so they run full speed all the time anyway (can't literally hear them even at full speed). The CPU fan however is fine, with HWMonitor reports speed correctly and a cool 29 degrees temperature.

Some other things I had to do were to disable one of the USB 3.0 ports to get under the 15 port limit without using a patch (I have 16 total used). Also, if I may ask OP what the SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml are for? Something about USB power?

Also, what are all those extra AppleHDA patches in config.plist needed for? I'm using AppleALC with ID 1 and sound is working fine.

Found something interesting regarding the fan speed problem after sleep:

So I was on F7 and updated to F8a. After a BIOS update, everything resets back to factory defaults. I then went and changed settings to the usual basics required for macOS. However, this time I decided to change the RGB LED to Off and color to Red instead of Blue (even though it didn't do anything). I then went and disabled Serial and Parallel Ports in Super IO since they weren't going to be used. Now after doing that, I started to get full blast fan speeds after sleep with 0rpm reporting on HWMonitor, YIKES!!

So I went back to F7 with the exact settings minus RGB LED and Parallel + Serial Port being changed. Fans are now normal again after sleep. I then upgrade again to F8a again leaving those two above settings alone. Fans are also now working fine after sleep!

So I guess one of the two settings could have caused an issue.

Also, this is on an HD3 board and not a HD3P. So it may not apply to you.

Here are my settings that I only changed in BIOS and for my fans to work perfectly after sleep:

Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
M.I.T. → Advanced Memory Settings Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) : Profile1
Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support : Disabled
Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Auto
Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
Chipset → Wake on LAN Enable : Disabled
Chipset → Integrated Graphics : Enabled
Chipset → DVMT Pre-Allocated :128M

Leave everything else alone! You may need to reflash your BIOS if the above doesn't work. It worked for me.

Last edited:
edit: figured it out

Last edited:
Anyone else have issues with external USB drives plugged in getting ejected after sleep with "Disk Not Ejected Properly" messages?

I have narrowed it down to the culprit being having XMP Profile turned on in the BIOS. Without it, external USB drives do not get ejected after sleep.

I have also configured my own SSDT to limit ports to 15, but the problem persists.

I am thinking it may have to due with the RAM I'm using (Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz DDR4). I noted pretty much everyone else with similar issues are using Corsair Vengeance RAM. So I have a pair of G. Skill V Ripjaws 3200MHz coming tomorrow and testing that. Hopefully it's the RAM and I won't have to change my motherboard. D:

Latest update: Gigabyte has sent me a new verison of BIOS, F8b, which has successfully resolved the fan speed issue. It will probably be available in their website soon.
So the fans are okay even if you disable the Serial and Parallel Ports in SuperIO? For me that is the only reason for the fans issue after sleep. If I leave that setting alone (both enabled) then the fans are fine. But leaving those ports enabled doesn't even have any effect on functionality in macOS as far as I'm concerned, so I'm fine with staying with F8a.

And an update on the RAM issue I was having. I tried out the G. Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz RAM instead of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz and unfortunately it did NOT solve the "Disk Not Ejected Properly" error messages after waking up from sleep with external USB drives.

However, I did try a pair of GeiL 2400MHz RAM and the issue went away even with XMP Profile turned on. So right now I'm pretty certain it's a RAM speed issue where you cannot pass 2400MHz speed with XMP Profile turned on.

Since I want to keep 3200MHz speed, I installed Jettison and Paragon NTFS for writing to NTFS drives. It is working good now with no more disk not properly ejected messages.

Anyone using faster than 2400MHz RAM on this motherboard, have XMP Profile turned on, and NOT have disk not ejected properly messages for external USB drives after waking up from sleep? If so, could you tell me what brand and model RAM you're using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back