Contribute
Register

Success - Z370-HD3 i5-8600K - RX 580 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I followed Rehabman's post and accidentally installed the kexts into S/L/E without realizing it, then I installed them into L/E/. I didn't reboot, and realized my mistake and deleted the kexts from S/L/E then rebooted, my BT didn't activate after the reboot, I had to unplug it again.

Also I should mention I have my BT adapter plugged into the front USB 2.0 ports on my system, not the back. Where do you have yours plugged in?

Last edited:
Hey Agrajag, how many drives do you have in your system? I was running off one SSD at the beginning when I did this build and everything was fine. Since then I have added five internal drives and now I am experiencing random freezing which I never had before.

Hey Agrajag, how many drives do you have in your system? I was running off one SSD at the beginning when I did this build and everything was fine. Since then I have added five internal drives and now I am experiencing random freezing which I never had before.
My boot drive is the PCIe NVMe SSD, and I have an SSD (Ubuntu) and spinning hard drive (big files) as internal SATA drives. Time Machine is on a USB 3 external drive. Not noticed any issues like you describe.

As far as the Bluetooth, I had it in a front USB 2 port but now that it's stable it is plugged into a motherboard USB 2 port on the back. Have you done Rehabman's USB port limit procedure?

I've been dealing with this same issue. There's more on the issue if you refer to my build thread on this post. Currently I haven't found any solution other than a BIOS update, but soon as you touch any sort of setting in the BIOS it brings the issue right back. Hopefully Gigabyte figures this out, but they keep telling the people who contact them that they can't seem to recreate the issue so they don't understand how to deal with the problem, or something of that sort.

did you try this? I copied this from another forum..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It works fine !! I've just tested it and my fans are now quiet as they should be.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for emailing GIGABYTE.
We are delighted with your interest in our products.

Update bios to F5 / F6h.

Boot to bios setup > M.I.T.

In Smart Fan 5 menu set the fan header´s where 3-pin fans should work to "Voltage controlled" instead of Auto.

Now check, if the issue is gone.

www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-HD3-rev-10#support-dl

Kind regards

GIGABYTE-Team Germany

did you try this? I copied this from another forum..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It works fine !! I've just tested it and my fans are now quiet as they should be.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for emailing GIGABYTE.
We are delighted with your interest in our products.

Update bios to F5 / F6h.

Boot to bios setup > M.I.T.

In Smart Fan 5 menu set the fan header´s where 3-pin fans should work to "Voltage controlled" instead of Auto.

Now check, if the issue is gone.

www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-HD3-rev-10#support-dl

Kind regards

GIGABYTE-Team Germany

Yes, I've actually already seen that post on the forums. I followed all the steps and unfortunately nothing changed. Not sure if those steps being for the "HD3" model make any difference though.

Yes, I've actually already seen that post on the forums. I followed all the steps and unfortunately nothing changed. Not sure if those steps being for the "HD3" model make any difference though.
i have a 3 pin fan, i am not sure if this is related.. I will try it today...

do you have a 3 pin or 4 pin PWM fan?

Hey Agrajag, I'm having intermittent freezing issues. I'm guessing if I took all the kexts you have in your other folder and dumped them into mine, and used your config.plist, it either wouldn't work or might break my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back