2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
According to the laptop compatibility sheet, this should be achievable, but I have had the hardest issues with this laptop. For starters, I used the guide for creating the installer for laptops (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/) and then I followed the guide for the Dell Latitude 3450 as that was the closest thing I could find to my laptop. I have made some changes to get the right kexts for my hardware, and I've modified config.plist to match my video hardware. BUT... Whenever I boot, there is always this stupid issue where it gets stuck at "Waiting for root device" and shows a circle with a line through it. It always times out after VooDooPS2. I've tried excluding it from boot, but it doesn't help.

According to the laptop compatibility sheet, this should be achievable, but I have had the hardest issues with this laptop. For starters, I used the guide for creating the installer for laptops (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/) and then I followed the guide for the Dell Latitude 3450 as that was the closest thing I could find to my laptop. I have made some changes to get the right kexts for my hardware, and I've modified config.plist to match my video hardware. BUT... Whenever I boot, there is always this stupid issue where it gets stuck at "Waiting for root device" and shows a circle with a line through it. It always times out after VooDooPS2. I've tried excluding it from boot, but it doesn't help.
usb issues, try all ports, make sure to use a USB2.0 stick, make sure to have USBInjectALL.kext in clover/kexts/other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back