Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade 14 2017
CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 and GTX 1060 (Optimus)
Hi guys,

i am currently installing High Sierra on my Razer Blade 2017. Unfortunately I ran into several problems:

- Intel HD 630 is not recognized properly (showing only 7MB VRAM)
- Backlight control is not working (probably related to IGFX problem above)
- Trackpad is not working, VodooI2C.kext causes the system to reboot in an endless loop
- Power management is also not working. The cpu is always above 2.8 GHz.

I have tried to use the FakePCIID_Intel_GFX... Kext by RehabMan but as my PCIID is 8086:591b and not 8086:5917 the kext does not attach. I also tried the ig-platform-id 0x19160000 and 0x19168086 and also Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext but this does not work either.

As soon as the Graphics is working, I can proceed and work on the Trackpad using I2C...

Any recommendations?

Best,

lectasxt16

Attachments

• debug_26467.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
Hi guys,

i am currently installing High Sierra on my Razer Blade 2017. Unfortunately I ran into several problems:

- Intel HD 630 is not recognized properly (showing only 7MB VRAM)
- Backlight control is not working (probably related to IGFX problem above)
- Trackpad is not working, VodooI2C.kext causes the system to reboot in an endless loop
- Power management is also not working. The cpu is always above 2.8 GHz.

I have tried to use the FakePCIID_Intel_GFX... Kext by RehabMan but as my PCIID is 8086:591b and not 8086:5917 the kext does not attach. I also tried the ig-platform-id 0x19160000 and 0x19168086 and also Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext but this does not work either.

As soon as the Graphics is working, I can proceed and work on the Trackpad using I2C...

Any recommendations?

Best,

lectasxt16

Start over.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I think you got something wrong .. probably because I used the term installing..

The install went fine, I can use macOS without the install media, but only the problems listed above are keeping me from calling this a complete build.

Currently now working:

-Battery status using patched DSDT and ACPIBatteryDriver.kext
-Wifi and BT using FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIIDBroadcom.kext (BCM94352z)
-Booting from NVME
-Disabled Discrete Graphics using SSDT-DSM-Spoof

Last edited:
I think you got something wrong .. probably because I used the term installing..

The install went fine, I can use macOS without the install media, but only the problems listed above are keeping me from calling this a complete build.

Currently now working:

-Battery status using patched DSDT and ACPIBatteryDriver.kext
-Wifi and BT using FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIIDBroadcom.kext (BCM94352z)
-Booting from NVME
-Disabled Discrete Graphics using SSDT-DSM-Spoof

If you follow the guide, your graphics will be working (eg. problem lies in your config.plist settings).
The FAQ covers your other topics.

If you follow the guide, your graphics will be working (eg. problem lies in your config.plist settings).
The FAQ covers your other topics.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.
Indeed the problem was fixed using the right config.plist.
Now, everything is working properly. Tonight i will prepare a post inside the laptop guides for anyone who would like to install this on his razer blade.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

thanks for your reply.
Indeed the problem was fixed using the right config.plist.
Now, everything is working properly. Tonight i will prepare a post inside the laptop guides for anyone who would like to install this on his razer blade.

Thanks!
Hey, have you posted a guide yet? I would like to do this with my early 2017 blade! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back