Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> High Sierra on Gigabyte X58 and HD7950

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could delete all of the boot-args you have there except maybe npci=0x3000 and you only need that one if your boot freezes at "PCI Configuration Begin"
I would delete all except -v for verbose boot - that is the only one I have in my boot list
You should not need to inject ATI

Great twist... all due to wrong display port.
I switched from HDMI to one of MiniDisplay ports and then I could see the Apple loading in a light grey screen.
All good.

I did the installation according to the Guide
- First installation screen, erase disk and Install macOS
- Boot from usb clover, choose hard disk, installation continues
- Boot again from usb clover, finish install prefs (lang, country, id)
- Got a working High Sierra (even has internet from ethernet)

Untitled.png

Then I ran multibeast and selected some options that I saw fit, like, disk stuff and model (Mac Pro 5,1)

The thing is that i cannot restart it without the USB clover boot loader...
I find it strange that it tells me no devices in the upper right corner
bla - 1.jpg

The only way to get to the OS is booting from USB and choosing the hard drive in clover boot.

I am sure that there's something pretty straight forward that I am missing... to boot clover from disk!!

Another small issue is that after running MultiBeast and after a reboot I loose the ethernet connection.

Tips?
Thanks.

The symbol in the upper right in your pic is for CD/DVD drives - if you do not have a CD/DVD drive then of course it will tell you no drives detected. If you want the system HDDs/SSDs to show on the desktop, select it in finder preferences
Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 11.26.16 AM.png

As for needing the USB to boot the system, did you install Clover to the Mac OS drive?

So, before running multibeast I mounted the ssd EFI partition and no Clover folder was there.

I unmounted it and then ran multibeast. it created a Clover folder on SSD's EFI with minimal configuration, the only Kext is FakeSMC.

Should I copy my USB Clover folder to the SSD's EFI folder?

So, before running multibeast I mounted the ssd EFI partition and no Clover folder was there.

I unmounted it and then ran multibeast. it created a Clover folder on SSD's EFI with minimal configuration, the only Kext is FakeSMC.

Should I copy my USB Clover folder to the SSD's EFI folder?
If your system boots OK with the USB, replacing the EFI on the SSD with the one on the USB is a quick shortcut to at least get a running system.
Suggest add the minimally edited DSDT from the forum DSDT database for your board/model to EFI/ACPI/patched.
You may also need additional patches in config.plist.

the system is ok when I boot clover from USB and choose macprohd

I find it strange to have so many entries in the clover boot menu. Is it normal?
IMG_6523.jpg

- macos install from external,
- Boot FireVault Prebooter from Preboot
- Boot macOS install Prebotter from Preboot
- Bot MacOS from macprohd
- Boot Recovery from Recovery

I have pretty much replicated the USB EFI conf to HDD's EFI conf.
Still I cannot boot clover from HDD. always need to do it from USB

the system is ok when I boot clover from USB and choose macprohd

I find it strange to have so many entries in the clover boot menu. Is it normal?
Yes it is normal. Any icon you do not want to see can be hidden with an entry in Clover Configurator. Search keywords "hide entries"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back