Tampa2 (HP Omen 880-160se)
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hi,

I'm trying to make my HP Omen Desktop runs High Sierra (10.13.6 ). It has a 1080ti, so I installed nvidia web drivers from here: https://github.com/vulgo/webdriver.sh
However there is some problems with the interface. Animations stops before completing and benchball appear after that. This seems to occur inconsistently. Sometimes the apple logo stays in the screen together with the login screen. Sometimes the apple logo never leaves the screen. Any application that renders 3D freezes after a few seconds. Icons stay in foreground, zoom animation glitches some times, make the window stops in mid air. So, a lot of problems appearing.

I would like to know if someone has an idea of what may be the cause for this behavior and if there is a fix for that. I'm sending some screenshots and my configuration (kexts, UEFI drivers and config.plist)

EDIT:

I've found out that the problem is not related to Nvidia at all, since it persists even if I use Intel GPU and Mojave. It is in fact related to multi-processing. However I could not find a solution yet. Please help.

I added a new post relating the problem:

Thank you very much!

Attachments

Last edited: