1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
C69104C8-6CC1-4FD1-BB92-05AB44C4ABDA.jpeg
I decided to do a clean install of High Sierra on my ssd. I have never had any trouble doing this in past installs. This time though when I boot to the usb drive to run the installer it stops at the white Apple and goes no further.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I decided to do a clean install of High Sierra on my ssd. I have never had any trouble doing this in past installs. This time though when I boot to the usb drive to run the installer it stops at the white Apple and goes no further.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• To troubleshoot this issue, readers have to know
    • How the USB installer has been made to assure no problem has occurred during its creation
    • What BIOS options have been chosen to assure proper BIOS support for the macOS Installer and its contained Video kexts.
    • A verbose mode boot flag during boot as the GUI boot with Apple logo covers up clues to boot problems a text based screen can show.
    • Contents of CLOVER folder from the disk, because it is CLOVER that helps to boot to the destination screen and problem in CLOVER is a frequent cause of Boot failure.
  • Make sure your BIOS options are appropriate for macOS installation before booting your Installer disk.
  • Please upload the Clover folder from the USB installer as a compressed file to the forum
  • Boot using Verbose mode
    • Press Space bar once in Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen
      • [√] Verbose (-v). Continue this mode till the system can boot without problem and no troubleshoot is needed.
  • Take a Picture when verbose boot screen stops.
    • Upload Verbose boot error screen image to the Forum.

This time though when I boot to the usb drive to run the installer it stops at the white Apple and goes no further.
Drop the DMAR and MATS table and try to boot.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > ACPI Patching > Tables dropping > Drop DMAR and Drop MATS

• To troubleshoot this issue, readers have to know
    • How the USB installer has been made to assure no problem has occurred during its creation
    • What BIOS options have been chosen to assure proper BIOS support for the macOS Installer and its contained Video kexts.
    • A verbose mode boot flag during boot as the GUI boot with Apple logo covers up clues to boot problems a text based screen can show.
    • Contents of CLOVER folder from the disk, because it is CLOVER that helps to boot to the destination screen and problem in CLOVER is a frequent cause of Boot failure.
  • Make sure your BIOS options are appropriate for macOS installation before booting your Installer disk.
  • Please upload the Clover folder from the USB installer as a compressed file to the forum
  • Boot using Verbose mode
    • Press Space bar once in Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen
      • [√] Verbose (-v). Continue this mode till the system can boot without problem and no troubleshoot is needed.
  • Take a Picture when verbose boot screen stops.
    • Upload Verbose boot error screen image to the Forum.
IMG_2940.JPG
IMG_2941.JPG
Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 2.28.01 PM.png

Here are some screen shots.

Drop the DMAR and MATS table and try to boot.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > ACPI Patching > Tables dropping > Drop DMAR and Drop MATS

Thanks. I tried this but it did not help.

I was waiting to see if anyone would want to help you.
I think the error message you have in your verbose boot is due to conflict between Intel HD and PCIE graphics card.
If you want, you may to try the following:
  • Shut down the computer.
  • Remove your NVIDIA Gtx 760 from PCIe slot
  • Using your Intel HD 4600 install your MacOS High Sierra on the Target System Disk using the properly created High Sierra USB installer .
  • Once the macOS High Sierra is booting OK with Intel HD 4600 after Installing Clover+kexts +SMBIOS Definition+ Graphics for Intel HD 4600 without the need of USB installer , access BIOS and change the Graphics to PCIe >(NVIDIA GTX 760) and DISABLE (not AUTO) the IGFX.
  • Shut down during that reboot when the Display will show no "Display"
  • Remove the HDMI cable from Intel HD and connect to your *****NVIDIA GTX 760-HDMI.
  • Reboot PC
  • In CBM screen make required changes in boot Args : ( ie if nv-diasable =1 ->delete ( you might need nvda_drv=1)
  • In Graphics Injector make required changes for using NVIDIA GTX 760
  • Return to CBM >Boot System Disk
****Since I don't have Nvidia GTX -760 you need to verify whether it is Natively supported by High Sierra or it needs any Web-drivers and changes in config>System Parameters. I am guessing it is natively supported and you can use nvda_drv=1 as boot arg to boot from CBM.

Attachments

• Service Exited with abnoramal code Service only ran for 0 seconds Pushing Respawn....png
    Service Exited with abnoramal code Service only ran for 0 seconds Pushing Respawn....png
    59.8 KB · Views: 68
I finally got around to trying this and it worked!!
Thanks much for the help.

I think the error message you have in your verbose boot is due to conflict between Intel HD and PCIE graphics card.
  • Using your Intel HD 4600 install your MacOS High Sierra on the Target System Disk using the properly created High Sierra USB installer .
  • Once the macOS High Sierra is booting OK with Intel HD 4600 after Installing Clover+kexts +SMBIOS Definition+ Graphics for Intel HD 4600 without the need of USB installer , access BIOS and change the Graphics to PCIe >(NVIDIA GTX 760) and DISABLE (not AUTO) the IGFX.
  • Remove the HDMI cable from Intel HD and connect to your *****NVIDIA GTX 760-HDMI.
  • Reboot PC
  • In CBM screen make required changes in boot Args : ( ie if nv-diasable =1 ->delete ( you might need nvda_drv=1)
****Since I don't have Nvidia GTX -760 you need to verify whether it is Natively supported by High Sierra or it needs any Web-drivers and changes in config>System Parameters. I am guessing it is natively supported and you can use nvda_drv=1 as boot arg to boot from CBM.
  • Reboot PC
****Since I don't have Nvidia GTX -760 you need to verify whether it is Natively supported by High Sierra or it needs any Web-drivers and changes in config>System Parameters. I am guessing it is natively supported and you can use nvda_drv=1 as boot arg to boot from CBM.[/QUOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back