Lenovo T440S
CPU
i5-4300U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

my first ever Hackintosh with High Sierra (followed the guides) is working very well except the sound isn't.
To fix it I've read I should use Lilu + AppleALC.
I've followed this guide from the forum and also some others threads like the iDiot for Lilu guide.

If I install Lilu.kext (it's regardless if it's on Library/Extensions or EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other) my computer does not boot anymore. After a long time it shows the prohibited sign.
I need to go in Recovery -> Terminal and manually delete Lilu, then it boots again.

I think I messed up a lot in my configuration with Clover Configurator and Multibeast.
I own a MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon which uses the Realtek A1220 Codec for Audio.
Also an Intel i7700k and a Nvidia 1060 6GB.

I'm wondering, that it not crashed before, because in the guide I followed the person, and so also me, uses VirtualSMC which needs Lilu I thought. I've installed it too and temporarily uninstalled FakeSMC and it worked. Now FakeSMC is installed again together with VirtualSMC in Library/Extensions because of Multibeast.

Maybe someone can help me with the config? I've uploaded my zipped CLOVER folder, zipped Library/Extensions Folder and a photo from the verbose boot with Lilu.

Thanks in advance. If you need any further information please ask and I try to get & post them.

PS: Maybe after that someone can tell me how I can configure Clover not to scan user entries etc. So it only has, say Windows and macOS + Recovery. I saw the settings in Clover Configurator but I'm a noob and can't get it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190217_214553.jpg
    IMG_20190217_214553.jpg
    933.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Extensions.zip
    12.8 MB · Views: 291
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 255
Hi,

my first ever Hackintosh with High Sierra (followed the guides) is working very well except the sound isn't.
To fix it I've read I should use Lilu + AppleALC.
I've followed this guide from the forum and also some others threads like the iDiot for Lilu guide.

If I install Lilu.kext (it's regardless if it's on Library/Extensions or EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other) my computer does not boot anymore. After a long time it shows the prohibited sign.
I need to go in Recovery -> Terminal and manually delete Lilu, then it boots again.

I think I messed up a lot in my configuration with Clover Configurator and Multibeast.
I own a MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon which uses the Realtek A1220 Codec for Audio.
Also an Intel i7700k and a Nvidia 1060 6GB.

I'm wondering, that it not crashed before, because in the guide I followed the person, and so also me, uses VirtualSMC which needs Lilu I thought. I've installed it too and temporarily uninstalled FakeSMC and it worked. Now FakeSMC is installed again together with VirtualSMC in Library/Extensions because of Multibeast.

Maybe someone can help me with the config? I've uploaded my zipped CLOVER folder, zipped Library/Extensions Folder and a photo from the verbose boot with Lilu.

Thanks in advance. If you need any further information please ask and I try to get & post them.

PS: Maybe after that someone can tell me how I can configure Clover not to scan user entries etc. So it only has, say Windows and macOS + Recovery. I saw the settings in Clover Configurator but I'm a noob and can't get it.

You should not use FakeSMC and VirtualSMC together. Choose one and use it, never both.

If you use VirtualSMC, you MUST also install Lilu and have them in the same folder.

That being said, please make a backup of your existing EFI and give my EFI a try. Also, get rid of the following from your /Library/Extesions/ folder when you try my EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.7 MB · Views: 362
You should not use FakeSMC and VirtualSMC together. Choose one and use it, never both.

If you use VirtualSMC, you MUST also install Lilu and have them in the same folder.

That being said, please make a backup of your existing EFI and give my EFI a try. Also, get rid of the following from your /Library/Extesions/ folder when you try my EFI.
View attachment 389556

Thanks! It's booting and audio works :)

Last edited:
Thanks! It's booting and audio works :)
Clover looks very "old" the clover I had before had a newer theme. Can I change this sort of stuff without breaking anything in the Clover Configurator? Also it would be nice to have only a few options there like Windows (Standard cause I need to use it everyday), macOS and maybe the recovery.

You can use any theme you like. I use that theme because I found it to be the most "Mac-like".

You can edit config.plist > Gui > Hide Volume section to exclude whatever volumes you don't want to see.

You can use any theme you like. I use that theme because I found it to be the most "Mac-like".

You can edit config.plist > Gui > Hide Volume section to exclude whatever volumes you don't want to see.
I installed a minimal theme and did hide some entries. Now it's nearly perfect. Thanks :)
With your EFI it's take quit a bit to boot for the last bits. I'm just wondering if it's normal or not? Installing the theme didn't changed this (I also didn't thought it would ;)). I've made a video of booting. Maybe you can take a look.
Really thanks for your help :)

Attachments

• VID_20190225_220801.mp4.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 266
I installed a minimal theme and did hide some entries. Now it's nearly perfect. Thanks :)
With your EFI it's take quit a bit to boot for the last bits. I'm just wondering if it's normal or not? Installing the theme didn't changed this (I also didn't thought it would ;)). I've made a video of booting. Maybe you can take a look.
Really thanks for your help :)

That's about how long it takes on my system too.

FYI, the EFI folder I sent you is the same as the one I have posted in my Z370 build thread. You can check my thread periodically for updates to the EFI folder. Link is below in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back