Motherboard
Asus TUF MK 1
CPU
i9-10940X
Graphics
RX 6800, 2560x1440
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, my HS no longer works, it is as though there is a time ticker that will brick the system somehow, it no longer boots since Mar this year but I haven't got time to sort it out till now. I didn't have any new software or hardware installed all these months.

My build was made using this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/ and KGP is now retired shown from his status, and the thread is locked.

So I tried to reinstall the whole system again, plugged out all drives, do the 2 pins zap of BIOS and follow the guide again as how I did it last time. The installation went smoothly until the final 1st boot into the OS. The screen is blank. When I toggle the monitor inputs, I can see a short flash of the 1st boot country zone selection, that means the installation was ok but just no display for 1st boot setup.

The installation USB was the same one I used before so all the kexts are there, the BIOS settings also exactly the same. I don't know what happened. I even tried to revert back to an older BIOS ver 1401, zap the 2 pins, and that didn't work. Was there some sort of Intel microcode silent auto update that bricks the system? I couldn't fig out what's the problem. Everything was exactly the same as the 1st time I installed HS, nothing has changed.

I use Asus TUF mk1 x299 board. Sapphire Vega64 graphics. 32GB ram. Samsung 840 SATA SSD. 7820x CPU. The win10 OS is running perfectly fine on another drive so confirmed nothing is wrong with the monitor or other hardware.

If there's no solution, means I'll have to give up on this hackintosh build, DAMN!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi guys, my HS no longer works, it is as though there is a time ticker that will brick the system somehow, it no longer boots since Mar this year but I haven't got time to sort it out till now. I didn't have any new software or hardware installed all these months.

My build was made using this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/ and KGP is now retired shown from his status, and the thread is locked.

So I tried to reinstall the whole system again, plugged out all drives, do the 2 pins zap of BIOS and follow the guide again as how I did it last time. The installation went smoothly until the final 1st boot into the OS. The screen is blank. When I toggle the monitor inputs, I can see a short flash of the 1st boot country zone selection, that means the installation was ok but just no display for 1st boot setup.

The installation USB was the same one I used before so all the kexts are there, the BIOS settings also exactly the same. I don't know what happened. I even tried to revert back to an older BIOS ver 1401, zap the 2 pins, and that didn't work. Was there some sort of Intel microcode silent auto update that bricks the system? I couldn't fig out what's the problem. Everything was exactly the same as the 1st time I installed HS, nothing has changed.

I use Asus TUF mk1 x299 board. Sapphire Vega64 graphics. 32GB ram. Samsung 840 SATA SSD. 7820x CPU. The win10 OS is running perfectly fine on another drive so confirmed nothing is wrong with the monitor or other hardware.

If there's no solution, means I'll have to give up on this hackintosh build, DAMN!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi there.

Well first thing to try should be a "verbose" boot (Spacebar at Cover menu and select).

That should help you spot where the problem is.

:)

OK, replying to myself how to get it working again.

Initially, my setup works with KGP's guide. Out of the blue the system no longer boots.

Now I tried to reinstall, when it reaches the 1st bootup screen asking for country zone selection, the screen went bllank. I don't know what causes it. But the installation is confirmed went through.

Next I plugged into the HDMI port in, the screen works and I can setup the whole new reinstall. But there is heavy aliasing with display and there is a halo around text. The display port still not working.

I searched a bit more and found that replacing whatevergreen.kext with VegaGraphicsFixup.kext actually works! Now I have my display port back and the UI looks normal and gorgeous!

I am happy that this Hackintosh build is working again. The Vega kext can be found in KGP's original guide above.

PS. With first install initially, I can't go beyond BIOS ver 1503. However, this time round, I am using BIOS 2002, latest version, and surprisingly the installation went through. I don't know what has changed. God bless u all. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back