Contribute
Register

High Sierra no internet connection (BCM57881)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@krallmen, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Same problem here!
Since I upgraded to High Sierra, my internet connection is not working.
I had no problem with Sierra
I have Broadcom BCM57781 too

Thanks for the help

I think we will have to wait a few weeks or months until they update the fakepciid kexts :(

Probably... and it is not the only one problem i have lol. The boot is very very slow too but i think it's because of my graphic card...

Wait and see

I updated to High Serra from 10.12.4 today. I am noticing problems with very slow web page loading. I think this is an internet problem with this Hack. Other devices on the network work well. The internet seems intermittent with either Ethernet or WiFi. Still looking for a fix.

What I did:

Installed High Serra
- upgraded Clover
- added FakeSMC.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- installed High Sierra
- restarted

Booted to black screen:
- unchecked Inject Intel in Clover boot menu under Options/Graphics Injector/Inject Intel:
- via screen share, ran AGDPfix script
- restarted

Booted with screen but without USB, no sound, no Wifi no Bluetooth, no Audio
- via screen share, installed these updated kext with KextBeast:
1) FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
2) FakePCIID.kext
3) USBInjectAll.kext
- restarted

Booted with Screen, USB, Bluetooth and WiFi BUT still no Audio and intermittent internet.

Same problem, also with BCM 57881 on an Asrock Z77 series board.

I noticed the 57781 was gone in Windows 10 too. I had to do a CMOS reset to get it back. Boot into macOS and the network works, if you have installed FakePCIID etc. Reboot macOS and the 57781 is gone again, needing a CMOS reset to get it back. 100% reproducible. It works for one boot in macOS, then it's gone and needs a CMOS reset to reappear in macOS and Windows 10.

I can't get my ethernet working on High Sierra. I have Broadcom BCM57781. On Sierra I used Rehabman's FakePCIID kexts and it was working perfectly. However, it doesn't work on High Sierra GM. The nic shows up in the settings, but it's not connecting to the internet.

Did you find a solution? I'm having some problems with this right now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back